Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TRIM Crashes when Access Control Kwik Select folder is clicked

Occasional Contributor

TRIM Crashes when Access Control Kwik Select folder is clicked

I'm testing TRIM 7.3.  TRIM crashes (HP TRIM has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience) when users click on the Kwik Select field for Access Control.

This only happens for one particular record type.  It prevents any new records being created with Access Control being entered.  It also prevents any change to Access Control on existing records if the change is made via Right-Click Properties.  Changes to existing records Access Control can be made via Right Click-> Details-> Security Access without TRIM crashing.

It only affects the one record type, other record types with Access Control on the New Record/Properties screen aren't affected.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and come up with an answer as to why this occurs?

I have developed a weird workaround.  By deleting Access Control from the first page of the New Record Form, adding a new page and inserting Access Control on the new page the error does not occur.  But this is not a satisfactory long term solution.

4 REPLIES
Frequent Advisor

Re: TRIM Crashes when Access Control Kwik Select folder is clicked

These problems exist in 7.2 as well. As far as I'm aware, this is a known issue in the queue to be fixed.

The workarounds involving moving the objects on the entry form are all you can do.
Honored Contributor

Any crash of the application should be a sev 1 and therefore would have been fixed for the 7.3 release.

Diane, can you please send me details of the Record Type through to grundy@hp.com ?

Screenshots of all the config tabs for the record type properties would be a good start. :)

Cheers,

Jon

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor

So CRID 45210 was fixed in 7.30? It's not listed.

Ths was raised by me, and it was an appcrash. I also could reproduce it at will on later releases of 7.2.

Honored Contributor

I just checked.

CR 45210 wasn't fixed in 7.3.0.

It is fixed in a couple of other patches that are due out shortly.

It should have been in 7.3.0, but wasn't included for some reason...

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au