Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TRIM Health Check report plus 2 Questions Page Count and incorrectly Indexed words

Valued Contributor

TRIM Health Check report plus 2 Questions Page Count and incorrectly Indexed words

Hi all,

(HP TRIM 7.3.4. , MS Office 2010, SQL 2008-R2, Win 7... Net 4.5 ... Testing RM8.1 at the moment)

As the topic say: TRIM Health check report and 2 questions:

Just want to share with you that we had a full TRIM Health Check a month ago and that extremely useful Report came back. Strongly recommend to everyone to organise a TRIM Health Check.

We found it very useful.  It discovered some interesting facts, errors, tips for improvement of the EDMS's health and many other things. We are currenly in a process of implementing the suggested changes and improvements.

Questions:

I am looking for a best (automated, in bulk) way of fixing 250,000 wrongly indexed words (Not IDOL DCI, but normal title word indexing) ... Eg.. we have instances of words indexed as !!!!Project or !!!!!!!!!Project  or !!!!!RE:Project etc. .... Is there any inteligent script/program or any other way of fixing these in bulk?

Question No2: Task is given to me to check all TIF / TIFF documents in HP TRIM Database on how many pages they have in total .... We have e.g. 250.000 Tif documents ..It is about the conversion to PDF.

So, what would be the best way to do it, (not using that free 3rd party application which can count Tif pages that we need to extract to e.g. desktop folder) .. Is there any new RM8.1 feature that can do this , (Number of Pages)or  any search or SQL DBA Admin could do it ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: TRIM Health Check report plus 2 Questions Page Count and incorrectly Indexed words

Question 1: Bulk Updating

You can do a find and replace if you're an administrator.  Use the indexed title words window to determine which you want to replace.  Then run your search and replace text.  You may need to do a phrase title word search so that it doesn't actually remove punctuation.

Question 2: Determine page counts

I'm not aware of any off-the-shelf utilities to do this.  I wrote a script one that did it though, so it's doable.  You'd need to engage a consultant probably.  Maybe someone else knows of an existing utility you can purchase though?  

Valued Contributor

Re: TRIM Health Check report plus 2 Questions Page Count and incorrectly Indexed words

Thanks,

I am the Administrator, but to use find and replace phrase it will be a bit tricky.... That means that I should repeat my searches 250,000 times...if I understand you correctly ..... yes, I forgot to mention, all these 250,000 words are different ...e.g. some of them have 3-4 occurances but that is all...All others are uniqeuly "wrong spelled words"..

I was looking rather for some extra intelligent search that will also clean up these words ..... It looks like that is going to be a slow manual process.

Question 2: Determine page counts

Can some Windows properties do the trick or I should use the method I described in the question, extraction of all TIF to a desktop folder and then running that free application...as the last time 2 years ago...

Thanks anyway, so there is no quick solutions here ....

Regards

Honored Contributor

Yeah it'll be a manual process. Hard to automatically fix misspelled words, because sometimes it's intentional! Think of company or product/service names where they've altered the spelling slightly to be more distinctive.

Windows properties could help you I guess, but if updating via a script then I'm not sure the number of pages is available [easily] that way. I've always used a third party library for retrieving the EXIF data of a TIF image.