Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TRIM Queries

Occasional Advisor

TRIM Queries

I am using TRIM 7.0, have following queries..

1) The documents i have added are not appearing in result set when searched. The documents are inside a container.

2) Currently I am adding documents one by one, is there any way to add multiple documents at a time, may be import utility or something like that.

3) How can i add TRIM users, how they will get authenticated.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

3 REPLIES
Occasional Advisor

TRIM Queries

I am using TRIM 7.0, have following queries..

1) The documents i have added are not appearing in result set when searched. The documents are inside a container.

2) Currently I am adding documents one by one, is there any way to add multiple documents at a time, may be import utility or something like that.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Trusted Contributor

Re: TRIM Queries

I have merged your two posts as they are the same.

To answer your questions:

What search criteria are you using to search for the documents?  If you are using something like Title word, then it maybe that they are not appearing your search results as they have not been indexed.

You can drag and drop a folder of documents into HP TRIM.  The instructions on how to do this are in the Help file.  There is also an import utility called TRIMPort but this requires a reasonable understanding of TRIM to build an import file.

To add users to HP TRIM, you need to create new Locations (Persons), you added their network login to the Profile tab (this procedure is explained in the Help file), so when they attempt to log into HP TRIM, they will be authenicated (how that actually happens will need to be explained by someone who understands it better than I do).

May I suggest you look into attending HP TRIM training courses (details can be found http://h20546.www2.hp.com/main/)?  The training (I suggest you attend both Administration and Power user training) will cover these questions and much more.

Kind regards

Helen :smileyhappy:

Helen Barnes
HPE Content Manager Information Developer
HPE Software: Information Management & Governance
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Occasional Advisor

Re: TRIM Queries

- Thanks Helen.