Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TRIM Queue processor not recognising PDFs

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Trusted Contributor

TRIM Queue processor not recognising PDFs

Hi all

I've previously posted this to the old forum but didn't get any replies and as the problem is persisting thought I'd try again.

I am having a problem with the TRIM Queue Processor and it is just plain weird.

I have setup a queue pointing to both local C: drives and network drives - when I place documents into the directories and run the queue processor it catalogs everything except for the PDFs. Note: they aren't being filtered - that section is blank.

I have tried this on numerous PCs with different windows and TRIM logins and always get the same results.
So it therefore isn't PC/profile specific or TRIM login specific.

And now the extra weird part:
If I setup a queue on the same PCs but use our test DB it works fine. So simply pointing at a different database makes it work ok.

Our test environment is an exact snapshot of our production environment so all the settings are identical but to be sure I have checked all TRIM system options and TRIM Enterprise Studio options - all identical.

Anybody got any thoughts?

Thanks
Michael

9 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: TRIM Queue processor not recognising PDFs

Strider,

Yeah that's a totally weird one.  I've never heard of such a thing happening.  If everything you've said is accurate, then the only last thing that I would think to check would be the User Options for Dropped Folders.  That screen sets the defaults for all users and document queues (and if you put it in the global settings it would apply to all users, but not be defaulted in the test dataset).

Open TRIM, click Tools->User Options, go to the Dropped Folders tab, and make sure that the "Restrict Document Types that match:" field is BLANK or at least contains PDF.  If it has any values then those are the only ones that get processed (so if PDF isn't in there then that would explain the behavior you're seeing).

Barring that, I bet something you've said in your post is inaccurate (though I really do believe you!).  :smileywink:

Check that out and post back!

Cheers,

Erik

Trusted Contributor

Been there done that Eric :smileyhappy:

Also had numerous conversations with HP helpdesk and a resellers helpdesk staff. 

The current thought is for me to run an integrity check of the database - with a view that the TSDOCQUEUE table 'might' be corrupt but it 'might' also be another table so I should run it on the entire DB. Not an easy job to put in place so I'm still out there trying to find some other possible reason.

I guess I'm left giving that a go.

Cheers

Michael

Oh, and BTW, of course everything I've said is accurate !:smileywink:

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I was helping the HP Support staff dealing with this, trying to come up with ideas, but I'm stumped... :smileytongue:

Is the support case still open with the Helpdesk?

- Grundy

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Trusted Contributor

Yep, it's still in the system.

Oliver has been very helpful, I guess I'll just have to run the check and see how we go.

Cheers

Honored Contributor

Has Oli remoted in to see the issue?

It might be worth having another look, I could sit in and check some DB side things as well. (If you have access to the database?)

- Grundy

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Respected Contributor

Hey Guys,

Its a user profile issue its stored in HKEY USers have a look under HKEY_USERS\Default_UserSoftware\TOWER Software\TRIM5\DBID\%DBID%\DropSettings delete whats under there as you probably cant through the client as you dont have the permissions to change HKEY USER.

Cheers

Phil

Respected Contributor

Re: TRIM Queue processor not recognizing PDF

Really I think this should be under current user drop setting could be my environment.

I still believe your issue will be a registry issue under HKCU\Software\Towersoft\TRIM5\DBID\%DBID%\Dropsettings\Mask\ what veer's in this field.  Strangely though I search my registry and find it under HKUsers instead of Current User.

Trusted Contributor

Re: TRIM Queue processor not recognizing PDF

Thanks for the feedback Phil, although no luck I'm afraid - I removed all the registry settings (it wouldnt' let me remove 'default').

Grundy - no, Oli hasn't remoted in to look - happy to go through this loop.

Cheers

Michael

HPE Expert

By default, items in the queue that are considered “rendition” formats are ignored. Normally that’s only .ann, .ocr and .dsg extensions. But if you go into the General - File Types area in TRIM Enterprise Studio (TES) and enter ‘pdf’ against one of the Rendition formats (e.g. for TIF files), then the queue process IGNORES PDF’s whether performing automatic or manual processing.

To fix this you can do one of two things:

1. Remove the PDF extension from any rendition formats for file types specified in TES, or
2. Tell the queue processor NOT to ignore rendition formats by ticking the box in the queue properties – Filters tab that says “Rendition Files”

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event