Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TRIM Record Number randomly changes

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Frequent Advisor

TRIM Record Number randomly changes

Hi there!

One of our record types is in format KKYYYY/GGGGG. The KK at the front is always the letters "PR". However, randomly this is changing to "3 ". This has happened 3 times in the last 6 months, and once it's changed the record numbers after it continue to use the "3 " prefix rather than the "PR" that it should be.

There's only one connection that I've found between the 3 incidents, and that's the same person created the first incorrectly numbered record. This person only has an Information Worker setting and therefore can't actually change the number format of the record type on purpose.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to stop it?

6 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: TRIM Record Number randomly changes

This is a strange one!

What version of TRIM are you using?

How many workgroup servers do you use?

What type of database is it? (Oracle?SQL?)

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor

You're telling me!

We're using TRIM 6.2.3, there's just the one TRIM server (small group of people) and it's a SQL server (2008) running on Windows Server 2008.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

With such a simple environment, I can only imagine this problem occurring if something (or someone) is directly altering the numbering pattern/last number on that Record Type.

I would be interested to see if you can check your Workgroup Logs or Audit Logs.

Turn Workgroup Logging on and try to replicate the behaviour (or wait for it to occur).

Once the problem occurs, you should be able to check the log for any changes to the TSRECTYPE table for that Record Type.

It should also indicate the user that made the change.

(Remember to turn Workgroup Logging off once the test is done, as the logs can grow very large)

Do you have any 3rd party add-ins for TRIM? Anything developed in-house or by a TRIM business partner?

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor

I've checked the Audit logs and there's no clues there. It looks exactly the same as all the other new records created. These records are created manually in TRIM every time, and we don't have any add-ins anyway.

Will try the workgroup logs, maybe that will help.

Wish me luck :smileyhappy:

HPE Expert

If the record type numbering pattern starts with KK, it shouldn't allow a 3 at all, because the K's mean alpha characters must be used...

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Frequent Advisor

That is an excellent point. So I went back and checked again and it's actually ZZYYYY/GGGGG!

Oops.

So anyway, it's fixed now, thank you :smileyvery-happy:

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event