Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TRIM not added to email subject line in Outlook

Frequent Advisor

TRIM not added to email subject line in Outlook

i have some users who are having a problem with Outlook integration with TRIM 7.1 1132 and Vista SP3

At times when they save some emails to TRIM from Outlook, the do not get the TRIM notification on the subject line and other times they do.

The emails themselves seem to be captured fine.

7 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: TRIM not added to email subject line in Outlook

Make sure cached excahange mode is on and that users have the email list and VIEW panes open.

In some cases just having the email list can cause this problem.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jonathan,

View pane and email list are already open.

Cheers

Michael

Hi,

Just found this same issue with 6.2.5 last week - it seems that the new version of the Outlook addin fails to save the changes to the message properly.

If you register an email from the main Outlook Window, the subject line in the preview pane is updated, but usually not the one in the list view. You can open the message, modify the subject and close it, and the changes will be written through.

This bug made it through UAT at our site without being spotted, as it only happens sometimes.

Rolling back to the 6.2.4 addin resolves the issue (and also another one where sometimes an attachment will be missing when viewing an email from TRIM). It does not appear to have any compatibility issues running against a newer build of TRIM.

Having recently written a VBA macro that modifies subject lines in Outlook, I found that if I neglected to close the item after modifying the subject line, my macro exhibited the same problems as the TRIM addin - perhaps that's a good place to start looking.

Regards,

Robert Wilkinson

Systems Administrator

Ku-ring-gai Council

Honored Contributor

Thanks Robert,

Yes, that is the same behaviour we have seen here now and R&D are looking into it.

- JG

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor

Hi Robert,

Our problem is that we're running a 7.1 front- and back-end, so I doubt the TRIM 6.2.4 Outlook Add-In would be compatible.

I note that there has been a new build of 7.1 released (1150) so perhaps this will resolve the issue (even though it wasn't identified at the time).

Michael

Michael,

Not sure if you'd have to go back that far, there might be a release in the 7s that has the older addin. It's called TRIMInOutlook.Connect, and the DLL is tsjOutlk.dll

As for compatibility, I can't say one way or the other having not even looked at TRIM 7, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Honored Contributor

Robert Wilkinson (Ku-ri wrote:

Michael,

Not sure if you'd have to go back that far, there might be a release in the 7s that has the older addin. It's called TRIMInOutlook.Connect, and the DLL is tsjOutlk.dll

As for compatibility, I can't say one way or the other having not even looked at TRIM 7, but I wouldn't be surprised.

For Outlook 2003 you still need to manually use the old tsjoutlk.dll instead of the new outlook integration. However the installation and user preferences only enable/disable the new addin (that won't work 100% OK for 2003) and ignores the old one.

We've escalated this issue some time ago and are waiting for a patch for 6.2.5 that is said to be released any day now...

This patch would allow the new addin to work properly with Outlook 2003.

The patch would also fix the issue of the outlook integration dialogs not showing the translated captions anymore.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by Hewlett Packard Enterprise.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
HPE Enterprise Services