Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TRIM v7 Web Client

Honored Contributor

TRIM v7 Web Client

I was just wondering how many of you are using the v7 web client in a production environment and how is it going for you?

4 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: TRIM v7 Web Client

I'd be curious to know how many of you are using V7 in production yet? Web client or not...

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Honored Contributor

We have 3 clients thus far using v7 and getting ready to add 2 more to the pot....

Occasional Advisor

I'm working on a project upgrading TRIM v6 to TRIM v7 with Oracle backend (10G). Apparently TRIM v7 has huge issue with Oracle database. It seems the SQL statement sent by TRIM v7 is unicode specific and Oracle does not handle it well resulting in complete table scan and performance is hit badly. In TRIM v6 environment a record save event usually takes couple seconds and in TRIM v7 it takes more than 2 minutes.

good luck if plan to upgrade to TRIM v7.

Rad

HPE Expert

RE: "Apparently TRIM v7 has huge issue with Oracle database. It seems the SQL statement sent by TRIM v7 is unicode specific and Oracle does not handle it well resulting in complete table scan and performance is hit badly. In TRIM v6 environment a record save event usually takes couple seconds and in TRIM v7 it takes more than 2 minutes."

Yes this is a known issue with TRIM 7.01 and Oracle that also affects record number searching, importing, and probably anything else that requires selecting a record using the record number.

There’s no officially HP-endorsed workaround for this problem. HP’s official recommendation is that if you’re an Oracle site you should wait for the next patch release that fixes the Unicode column issues.

One TRIM site using Oracle suggested the following simple workaround, which worked well for them and restored TRIM back to normal performance:

“In the Oracle database, declare the columns TSRECORD.recordId and TSRECORD.fullRecordId as nvarchar2() rather than varchar2()”

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/