Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TRIM7.1 - Speed up word Indexing

Frequent Advisor

TRIM7.1 - Speed up word Indexing

Hi Gurus,

TRIm 7.1 build 1157

Is there any way to speed up the word indexing in TRIM 7.1? Could it be possible to run word indexing on both workgroup (wg1 & wg2)? See attachment.

Thank you! 

7 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: TRIM7.1 - Speed up word Indexing

The easiest and best way to speed it up is to give more hardware resources to the machine running the event service.

If you have VM then this is relatively easy, you can beef it up until it catches up then lower it back down.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Frequent Advisor

Would it be possible to divide the process into two WG?
Frequent Advisor

Also..it is already 4core and 16gb ram already given to the servers..what are your recommended spec then?

Thank you..
HPE Expert

I know in 7.3 you can allocate Word indexing to any WGS in the pool:

can't recall is that is the same for 7.1.

Also, is this a reindex and if so are you running that directly from a client machine or did you kick it off from the TES?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Frequent Advisor

Hi Greg,

Yes..it is the same as 7.3 where we can allocate it to another wg..let's say if we have two wgroup..and we run word indexing in both wg..is that ok?

What about the recommended spec then?  the word indexing kick it off from TES

Thanks.

Regular Advisor

[ Edited ]

Not sure about 7.1 (there might a registry setting under HKLM on the WG server(s)); more recent releases of 7.2 upwards, you have the option;  In TES > right click on Datasets>Event Processing>Configure>Options; there's a bunch of settings (have attached screen dump reference).  Would recommend you seek advice from HP in the first instance.

You could just perform a Word/Text Reindex (Based  on your attachment,  the Word index Queue is extremely high which implies a bulk data migration to TRIM has occurred).

**My opinions are my own personal opinions.

kapish.com.au
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In 7.1x is was a Registry key

By default the key/Value doesn't exist,

so if you want to change from the default you need to create the key

HKLM\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRim\WorkgroupServers

and then the DWORD values :-

DatabaseEventPollIntervalMs

DatabaseEventPollBatchSize

In my view the best performance was to have the interval set to a small value (so the event processor responds quickly) and the batch size to be the amount the server can typically process in that interval when fully loaded.

So some trial and error is required as it will depend on you hardware, sql server response etc.

For the setup i was using at the time I have 7.1 going, I had the interval down quite small (5000 ms) and a batch size of 200.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event