Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TRIMPort Run-time error 6: Overflow

Valued Contributor

TRIMPort Run-time error 6: Overflow

Hi,

Using TRIM 7.10 1150.  I was importing a stack orf stuff into the test system.  Now I cannot go into Import add-in as it just gives the above run-time error.

Have tried deleting the TRIMPort mdb and uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail.  The log shows a whole heap of errors on the import but I am not sure what I need to do to get the ol' TRIMPort back up and running.  

Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES

Re: TRIMPort Run-time error 6: Overflow

Hi James,

I had a similar issue which we were able to solve by rebuilding the user profile on the machine that was getting the error. My question on that solution is that if it was the whole profile, shouldn't the error also appear on the other machines as well? (we are running Windows 7 TRIM 7.1.1) However, rebuilding the profile fixed the issue, it seems it is an issue with registry values exceeding a preset limit.

It turns out though that the solution was temporary and the same error has come up once again. We will be trying to find a better solution.

[ Edited ]

Hi James,

I believe I have fixed my issue with the "Runtime erro '6': Overflow" error that pops up when starting TRIMPort.

you will need to open Regedit as an administrator and navigate down the tree along the following path:

COMPUTER > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Hewlett-Packard > HP TRIM > TRIMPort

Select 'Settings' under the TRIMPort registry container. You should see a list of different settings in the right frame of Regedit. They should have values that are similar, give or take 1000. One setting may be different, that should be your culprit.

For me the 'Left' setting value was set at over 30,000.

I modified the 'Left' setting and brought it back inline with the other settings, anywhere between 7000 and 9500.

(Right click the setting name and select 'Modify...'.)

Once that is done I launched TRIMPort and it opened just fine.

I am running HP TRIM 7.1.1.1828 on a Windows 7 Enterprise 64-Bit SP1

Hope this helps.

Should also mention I'm running two monitors and the error would occur after I had moved the TRIMPort window into the far right of the righthand monitor in the previous session.

Occasional Visitor

Thanks.  Worked beautifully.  I also have two monitors, and had moved windows around before this happened.  All good once reset.

Changing registry key have solved the problem:)

thank you legend

Frequent Visitor

Hi folks,

This is the exact problem that I am experiencing, where I too have unknowingly dragged the TRIMPORT window to my secondary monitor.  I have tried amending the registry values as suggested by Dominalas, but I am still getting the error.  I am unsure if I am entering the right values for the correct entries, can anyone share with me what the values for their TRIMPORT Settings reg keys are?

What mine were at the time the issue started occuring:

- (Default) = (value not set)

- Height = 5670

- Left = 1485

- Top = 1425

- Width = 9660

- WindowState = 0

Thank you!!

HPE Expert

Does this knowledge base article help?

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00592787

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
HPE Expert

Have just noticed that KB article doesn't seem to have been published yet for some reason. Here's the content:

Problem   Error: "Run-time error '6': Overflow"

Cause   This error is caused by TRIMport storing an invalid value in the registry relating to the screen position of the TRIMport Graphical User interface (GUI). This appears to occur on a subsequent attempt to start the program after the user has previously repositioned the TRIMport GUI to display on a secondary monitor.

Fix  

If a user encounters this error, a workaround to enable TRIMport to run is to make the following change to the affected user's HKCU registry hive:

1.  Start the Windows registry editor by issuing the regedit command from the Windows 'Run' interface
  2.  Navigate to the following registry key:
    •  HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Hewlett-Packard/HP TRIM/TRIMPort/Settings
  3.  Double-click on the 'Left' setting
  4.  In the 'Value data' field, change it to a number consistent with the 'Height', 'Top' and 'Width' settings (typically between 5000-10000)
  5.  Click OK to save the change
  6.  Exit the Registry Editor
  7.  Re-try running TRIMport. It should now launch without displaying this error.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Expert

P.S. My TRIMPort registry settings are the same as yours and it's working fine. Perhaps try deleting the "Settings" key altogether then restarting TRIMPort? It should just recreate them.

Neil

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Neil, that worked a treat.  I had a facepalm moment as it turns out that I forgot to run regedit as the user that I was running TRIMPort with (we have different user accounts for TRIM admin, server admin, standard user and it can get a bit confusing at times).

Just FYI for anyone else having the issue, the registry key settings that ended up working for me are:

(Default) = (value not set)

Height = 5670

Left = 1125 (I did change this to 5000 to fix the issue initially but looks like it reset itself, TRIMPort still works though)

Top = 5535

Width = 9660

WindowState = 0