Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

The Many Facets of Date Modified

Trusted Contributor

The Many Facets of Date Modified

We are using Trim 7.1.0.1157

Can anyone confirm this behavior?

When creating a record and attaching an electronic document to the record which is of a record type where the electronic document is not editable, date modified and date registered is the same.  Date created is either windows date created or windows date modified which ever is later.  Date registered is the date the record was created in trim.

When creating a record and  attaching an electronic document to the record which is of a record type where the document is editable, Date created and date modified are the same and they are either windows date created or windows date modified which ever is later.  Date registered is the date the record was created in trim.

This is bizzarro!!!!!

I understand why date modified and date created would be the same.   But why should date modified and date registered be the same.  Shouldn't it be the case where a document cannot be changed  the date modified and date created be the same.

Thanks for your opinions, responses and advice.

RD

4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: The Many Facets of Date Modified

Not sure if this helps, but I'm pretty sure the webclient has this as a side-effect. When uploading a document to the web-server the date modified is changed to the upload date and then the date registered matches. Or maybe I've just been in TRIM too much today and am way off base.
Trusted Contributor

Erik,

Is this behavior a bug?

RD

Honored Contributor

It's not a bug if you're using the webclient. Web servers can't "keep" the date modified from the local file system. When you stream a file over the web the date modified is changed because the server is writing it to a temp location.

Can you confirm the source is the webclient?
Trusted Contributor

Erik,

The source is definitely not the webclient.

Thanks.

RD