Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Timestamp not displayed on Date Created

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Frequent Advisor

Timestamp not displayed on Date Created

Does anyone know why the timestamp does not appear in the Date Created field with TRIM v7.1 1132? I have noticed the time stamp is visible when the Date Created is different from the Date Registered. I found one instance when the visible Date Time was the same between Date Created and Date Registered, but a review of the DB record showed the time was different by a few 1/100th of a second. My assumption at this point is the Time does not appear in the Date Created field when it is identical to Date Registered.

Thanks,

Steve

7 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Timestamp not displayed on Date Created

Steve, how exactly do you mean?

I just created three records in TRIM v7, albeit Bld 1150, and I'm seeing the timestamps correct for the Date Create and Date Registered.

Attached is a screenshot which shows three records - an email cateloged into TRIM, an electronic doc dragged and dropped into TRIM, and a record manually created in TRIM with no electronic object.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its an option on the form (properties of the field), to have mandatory date and time you will get the time stamp .. by default its just mandatory date optional time... :) its a 7.1 thing

Frequent Advisor

I am not at this customer site today, but will be tomorrow. What threw me is the Date Created is not a field on the form and I can't understand why the timestamp appears in some instances and other times it does not. I will give it a go tomorrow and report back.

Thanks,

Steve

Respected Contributor

If you use a document that has a date in its properties that doesn't have a time stamp.. I could see this as being an issue as well. 

Frequent Advisor

[ Edited ]

I did find that TRIM v7.1 treats the Date Created differently. With v6R2, the Date Created is mandatory with time optional and there is no ability to modify the behavior. With v7.1, the Date Created is mandatory with time optional but there is the ability to modify the behavior to time mandatory. However, to modify the behavior, the Date Created field must be present on the form. If the field is removed from the form, the behavior reverts back to mandatory with time optional.

Thanks,

Steve

can you tell me how you make the datedcreated timestamp part mandatory please?

we have upgraded to 7.1 and facing same problem, we need to have the time displayed. It will display if we manually add it but not if we add it through the pro

Steve_Urbina wrote:

I did find that TRIM v7.1 treats the Date Created differently. With v6R2, the Date Created is mandatory with time optional and there is no ability to modify the behavior. With v7.1, the Date Created is mandatory with time optional but there is the ability to modify the behavior to time mandatory. However, to modify the behavior, the Date Created field must be present on the form. If the field is removed from the form, the behavior reverts back to mandatory with time optional.

Thanks,

Steve

gam.

Frequent Advisor

Go to the RecordType Property page and navigate to the form tab. Select the DateCreated on the form and click the properties button. There you will see the option to make date only mandatory or make date and time mandatory.