Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Title Word Searching in v7.01.1486

Honored Contributor

Title Word Searching in v7.01.1486

Question: shouldn't a title word search on be indexing the title words?

I've found in 7.01.1486 that the title word indexing is including the notes of the record.  At this particular site they've been using KOFAX since 2004, so just about every scanned image has "TRIM" in the notes (put there by the release script).  Doing a title word search returns records where the word exists in the notes.

It looks like, though we're still testing, that this only occurs if you use the TRIM Enterprise Studio->Utilities->Reindex feature.  

Cheers,

Erik

8 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Title Word Searching in v7.01.1486

One wouldn't think it would be that way.  Me suspects you found an "Undocumented Feature" :smileywink:

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I've found over a dozen of these undocumented features.... and they are making me really regret installing v7 on this client site.  Unfortunately for them they are required to go to v7 even though it's full of bugs.

Honored Contributor

I've got two clients like that - and aren't too happy either...  :smileysad:

Honored Contributor

Are you on the other side of the big pond?

Not many people here in the states are going to v7.   Eventually they will have to though.

Honored Contributor

Nope, I'm here in the States, currently have 3 clients on v7 and in the process of implementing two more clients in v7.  Got too, no choice...

Honored Contributor

Sucks for your clients!  We're keeping all ours in 6R2 unless they need shareoint.  :smileyhappy:

Respected Contributor

Its interesting to read this, I dont have a customer currently on 7, but i suppect by June I will have 4 or 5.. and some big customers.. A lot of it is being driven by inferstructure more than the business need... Like Tough you your going win 7 with office 2010 and 2008 r2 64bit.... But trim dont support office 2010 yet... They can drag and drop :smileysurprised: !!!!!!!! Me: you have 5000 users who struggle to use TRIM at the best of time.. Them: its ok it will be fine :smileysurprised:

Honored Contributor

Just found this on Friday and have a problem notice ready to send out today.

A Title Word Reindex via the TES will cause Title Word searches in 7.01 to return records with that word in the Title or Notes, not just Title.

Reindex via the Event Processor works correctly.

CR: 39563

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

Kapish.com.au