Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Training?

Regular Advisor

Training?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts, experience, suggestions for who to get TRIM training from.

Specifically I'm looking for a vendor that can run the HP Certified TRIM Implementation and Maintenance course.

What are peoples opinions on online training vs. physical training?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Environment:
Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit desktops
Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit App, Idol & Event servers
SQL Server 2012
RM 8.1.0.7517
7 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Training?

Does HP even have an "official" certification for TRIM? Some vendors can provide training better than what's included in the standard course.

Might be helpful to get feedback from others here if you indicate which country you're in.
Honored Contributor

Maybe the information in this old thread is helpful?

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/TRIM-Discussion-Information-News/Certification-in-HP-TRIM-7-x/td-p/5335281

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by Hewlett Packard Enterprise.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
HPE Enterprise Services
Honored Contributor

The links in that thread no longer work.
Occasional Advisor

Hello Neil / Hello All

As the HP TRIM Training Manger, I would like to share a few thoughts on this topic.  At this point in time, authorized HP TRIM training is only available from HP/Autonomy Education.  Here is the link to view our class listings globally:

https://registration.autonomy.com/trim

We offer a number of course for a variety of user roles in your organization:

• TRIM Essentials for End Users
  • TRIM Advanced for Power Users (110)
  • TRIM Administration for Records Managers (120)
  • TRIM Technical Implementation and Maintenance for System Administrators (350)
  • TRIM Archiving and TRIM Workflow for anyone wanting to learn more about those two modules (125/127)

Currently, all of our courses are Instructor Led Training (ILT) in a classroom but we will soon offer two of them virtually as well.  I personally believe that Advanced, Administration and TIM will always be ILT.

If you don't immediately see a class you are interested in, then I suggest you complete a 'Training Request' webform at this address: https://registration.autonomy.com/autonomy/request.php (also found a the top of the class listing page).  Your request will go to one of our inside sales representatives for processing and quite possibly, we will be able to run a course that you request because there are other interested parties.  As well, we can also provide onsite training if your demand is high enough.  Regardless, your interest in a course will be kept on file and we will notify you when one is set to run in your area.

With respect to our TRIM TIM course (350), we are in the process of upgrading/enhancing it to include topics that address IDOL indexing and possibly the integration with Control Point (among other enhancements).  We should have some courses available shortly in Australia and then offered around the world.  The TIM course will continue to evolve and grow as Autonomy Components become incorporated to the product.

As I indicated above, we currently have no authorized training partners training on our behalf.  I know first hand the rich history TRIM has in Australia and its wide use in all industries around the country.  From that, it is understandable that 'experts' have emerged offering their own version of training.  While that training is not currently 'authorized', partners or interested companies are encouraged to contact me directly and we can discuss the process to become an authorized training partner in more detail.

I hope that helps.  I will investigate the process to create a Training Specific 'Forum or Topic Area' for all training questions and comments going forward.

Thank you All.

HPRM (TRIM) Training Manager
ControlPoint Training Manager
COURSE LISTING: https://registration.autonomy.com/trim
Regular Advisor

Eric, I'm in Australia.  :)

I found a blurb from an Australian crew that were at last years TUF, and they said they do 'HP certified' TRIM training.  Just extremely infrequently, which isn't helpful to me.

Environment:
SQL Server 2012
RM 8.1.0.7517
Regular Advisor

Beau, thanks for your reply.

I couldn't find the (350) course within Australia, so have completed a Training Request.

Environment:
SQL Server 2012
RM 8.1.0.7517
Super Advisor

Hi Neil 

As Beau explianed there are pratners that offer training, Though not HP certified training. 

May I offer our services.

http://www.imexwa.com.au/HP+TRIM+Training

We do offer quite frequent training in all aspects of HP TRIM