Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trim 6.2.5 client to 6.2.4.1226 Server

Regular Advisor

Trim 6.2.5 client to 6.2.4.1226 Server

I have an issue when running a search from a 6.2.5 client against a 6.2.4 Workgroup Server.

Function request (Execute Transaction) for TRIM Workgroup Server 'WATC-TRIM1' failed. The SQL transaction 'dropWorkTable' failed for user PHO01190:684 on command DROP TABLE ##TStmp33f9a21d1dab47f1ae90a159d6a481d8.

Details : Cannot drop the table '##TStmp33f9a21d1dab47f1ae90a159d6a481d8', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

Detailed ADO Errors
 Number  = 0x80040e37
 Source  = Microsoft SQL Native Client
 Description = Cannot drop the table '##TStmp33f9a21d1dab47f1ae90a159d6a481d8', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.
 SQLState  = 42S02
 NativeError = 3701

Any ideas why this is coming up before it returns the search results.  So far all else seems OK.

9 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Trim 6.2.5 client to 6.2.4.1226 Server

Hi Chum,

Nothing to do with the combination of 6.2.5 client and 6.2.4 server. It's a new bug found in 6.2.5, seemingly the result of some other fixes around cleaning up temp tables in the database. It's an error message you can ignore and everything works fine, but admittedly an annoyance.

Being addressed in the imminent patch release of 6.2.5 under CRID 37413.

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Regular Advisor

Ok.  Downloaded the new 6R2 SP5 Build 1300, and that seems to have fixed that problem.  But now there's a new one.

When opening a .vmbx file from Trim (6R2 SP5 build1300) and it has an attachment you get the error 'could not open one or more attachments'.  If you click OK to the error, then the email will open but there will be no attachment.  If you close Outlook, and try it again, then it works fine.  This only seems to be an issue with Trim 6R2 SP5 Build 1300 and Outlook 2003 SP3.  If you have Outlook 2007, then this problem does not occur.

Can anyone confirm this problem?  Is there a fix?

Honored Contributor

Chum wrote:

When opening a .vmbx file from Trim (6R2 SP5 build1300) and it has an attachment you get the error 'could not open one or more attachments'.  If you click OK to the error, then the email will open but there will be no attachment.  If you close Outlook, and try it again, then it works fine.  This only seems to be an issue with Trim 6R2 SP5 Build 1300 and Outlook 2003 SP3.  If you have Outlook 2007, then this problem does not occur.

Can anyone confirm this problem?  Is there a fix?

Hi Chum,

I tested this but could not replicate the issue.

Using 6.2.5 1300 and Outlook 2003.

We had an email registered in TRIM with both a vmbx and msg rendition. It had a PDF attachment.

We were able to open the msg and vmbx renditions without issue and view the attachment in both cases.

There might be a more specific set of steps to replicate, so if you're able to test and confirm, I'll have another look.

Cheers,

JG

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Regular Advisor

Out of curiosity, what operating system were you using?  This issue was reported on was Vista Enterprise 32bit SP2.

Honored Contributor

I tested on 2003 Server.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au

I've seen the same issue (Outlook 'could not open one or more attachments') testing a 6.2.5.1297 client on a 6.2.4.1240 back-end.  I've not had a chance to investigate in great detail, but the user says it happened with Word attachments, but not PDFs.  Not sure how helpful this is, but you're not alone!

Carl

Honored Contributor

Does this only occur when using the mixed builds?

What if you have a pure 6.2.5 1300 environment?

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au

At the moment we only have 6.2.4.1240 environments, so I can't say if it's just a mixed mode issue for us.  We have 16,000 users, and I've just had one user test 6.2.5 for a couple of days to see if it resolved another Outlook issue she'd been having (I'd posted about it - problems cataloguing mail in Outlook which was sent from Lotus Notes - and I think you'd replied to me on it).  The point was to test with the new Outlook integration.  The test was successful, apart from this problem.  I guess it could be just a mixed mode issue.  I'm not that concerned about it as we've only just upgraded to 6.2.4 in the last few months, so we're not considering another upgrade until the middle of next year.  Maybe by then we'll be heading towards v7...

Thanks

Occasional Visitor

Hi all,

I can confirm this error is occurring in a pure 6.2.5.1300 environment.  I've just upgraded one of our clients running Windows 2003 server and XP client OS with a predominantly Office 2003 environment.   The other integrations are fine but the described problem occurs with email messages.

The client tested on a machine with Office 2007 installed with no issues.  

They are testing whether closing Outlook resolved the issue.  Have any other fixes come to light?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event