Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trim 7 Clients and Trim 6.2.4 Datasets - Staged rollout

Regular Advisor

Trim 7 Clients and Trim 6.2.4 Datasets - Staged rollout

I did post this on the old forum, but did not get a definitive answer.

For me to be able to make a staged upgrade approach to Trim 7, I need the following to be able to work:

Trim 7 clients must be able to check-in/out new records and edit existing records in a Trim 6.2.4 Dataset.

Outlook integration must work in the above configuration for both Office 2003 and Office 2007.

Obviously this would be for a short term period of 1-2 weeks. I have tried the above with a Trim 7 client, it will connect but it cannot create new records nor use the Outlook integration.

1 REPLY
Honored Contributor

Re: Trim 7 Clients and Trim 6.2.4 Datasets - Staged rollout

Chum wrote:

Trim 7 clients must be able to check-in/out new records and edit existing records in a Trim 6.2.4 Dataset.

Outlook integration must work in the above configuration for both Office 2003 and Office 2007.

The problem with this is that it's not tested or supported. It isn't expected to work with the normal full functionality that you would have in a single build environment.

However, the product is designed to be backwards compatible for upgrade purposes only and should in most cases provide the core functionality during the upgrade roll out.

I have checked the above combination of software myself and found that Check-in and Check-out works fine. Outlook integration also worked fine.

Keep in mind that I'm testing with a pretty clean environment.

What are the exact symptoms you are seeing?

What do the Workgroup Logs show?

App logs?

Have you tried the above using a new record type that is completely clean? e.g. free text titling and no defaults, custom fields etc...?

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event