Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Trouble with TRIMPort - Electronic Files not being attached to records

Occasional Advisor

Trouble with TRIMPort - Electronic Files not being attached to records

I have successfully gone through the TRIMPort wizard, migrating 6 records over. I receive no errors in my log file. When I open up TRIM to see my newly created records, I see that the records were created but the actual files were not attached to the records. Also, I'm sure the path to my electronic files are correct.

What am I doing wrong?

11 REPLIES
Trusted Contributor

Re: Trouble with TRIMPort - Electronic Files not being attached to records

Which version of TRIM?

...and can you additionally attach the import file you used?  If the data is sensitive, maybe just throw in fictious values before attaching...

Other than that, four things I would look at:

a) Does the import file specify the filename (e.g.  CompanyProfile.doc )?

b) Does the record type you're importing into allow electronic records?

c) Do you have access/permissions to access the folder where the electronic records are located?

d) Did you select "Import includes electronic documents" in addition to specifying the Electronic Document Source Directory in the TRIMPort wizard screen?\

Occasional Advisor

I'll be sure to go through the checklist you provided. Glancing at them, it looks like most of the things are addressed. I'll check today and post back.

Occasional Advisor

I've found the issue: I was not including the path to the file in my CSV files that contains my metadata fields and values. 

I was assumming that TRIM would know where to find the files since I defined where the electronic files were in the wizard.

Honored Contributor

Were all the electronic files (objects) in the SAME windows folder?

Occasional Advisor

Yes, all of the electronic files are in the same windows folder. 

Where do I define the Paths to each of the files I'm migrating over? In the CSV file I created??

Honored Contributor

Yes.  Put a column in your CSV that indicates the full windows path to the file.... then when using TRIMPort matching that column to the "DOSFile" field.

Occasional Advisor

This did it Eric, thank you so much.

Occasional Advisor

*Erik

Occasional Advisor

On another note, is there a way to migrate revisions of a file? From the looks of using TRIMport, it will only migrate one version of a file.

Honored Contributor

For adding revisions, you should be able to import the same record multiple times and have each row in your input file add one of the revisions. Just remember to start with the oldest first and make sure that the account has permissions to update the file when it's not checked out.

We recently did a similar thing when migrating DMS systems into TRIM where all revisions needed to be preserved in TRIM. Actually we didn't use TRIMPort, but a custom SDK tool, but the principle should be the same.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event