Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to change Home Location on some containers

Trusted Contributor

Unable to change Home Location on some containers

Hi,

I have a number of containers that are enclosed to a box which need to be remvoed from the Box and given a new Home Location.

I've gone to the Right Mouse Click - Locations - File then selected "Remove Permanently from Container" and entered the new Home Location but receive the following error:

"This Record does not have a suitable Home Location and a suitable default could not be determined. Please check your security/access settings with your TRIM administrator"

Of course, I am the TRIM administrator. If, however, I set the container to be in a different  Box then I am able to remove it from the container.

So, obviously the issue is with the Box but I can't see any difference between the two.

Any thoughts?

If it means anything, I'm using 6.2.5.1322

Brett

5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to change Home Location on some containers

Hi BDanalake,

You need to look at the security (level, caveat, access control) on the box record and then look at the security on the new location you are trying to change the home location too.

It appears, to me, that the Home Location doesn't have the proper security "rights" in order to "accept" the box.

Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I double-checked this and as I thought. the Security level on the box is Unclassified with access Control set to Everyone (no caveats).

Security level on the location is three levels higher than that and has bypass access controls + all caveats.

As I mentioned, if I move the file to another box (which has the identical security) I have no problem.

Brett

Honored Contributor

are you able to share the security properties of the box and the two diff home locations with us?

Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I've just solved it.

It's all related to the Home Location of the box.

So, the problem was that I have a file in a box. I'm trying to change the home location of the file (removing it from the box) and it won't let me.

What I discovered is the box's Home Location is an inactive location. If I do any of the following I can change the home of the file.

• Make the box's Home Location an active location
  • Change the file to another box that has an active Home Location
  • Change the box's Home Location to an active location

Simple.

Eventually.

Brett

Honored Contributor

Glad you got it worked out, I knew it was going to be something with the Location... I just assumed it was an active location.