Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Uninstalling 7.2 x86

Honored Contributor

Uninstalling 7.2 x86

So in my rush to play with TRIM 7.2 I installed it on my laptop... instead of within a VM as I normally do.  Now I'm trying to remove it.  The 64bit removes fine, but the 32 bit fails with error code "2753".  Has anyone else successfully uninstalled the 32 bit version of 7.2?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Uninstalling 7.2 x86

You're not meant to uninstall it.

You're supposed to keep it forever.

I'll check this issue out for you.  -_-

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Honored Contributor

:)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We installed both Client and Server components, 32bit, onto Server 2008 R2.

Same error when trying to uninstall. 2753.

Will raised with R&D.

Cheers. :)

EDIT:  Raised CPE case QCIM2D43700

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Honored Contributor

I got the same issue and thought it was me not installing it correctly in the first place!

The server and 64 bit clients uninstalled correctly, but the 32 bit gave me that error

I only got rid of it by deleting registry keys and files from the machine, and then I put 7.10.1157 back on top

( if that didn't work I was going to reimage the machine ... )

The sad thing is I wanted to keep it, but business thought it was too risky to change from our 7.1 deployment plans to 7.2 ...

Frequent Advisor

I have the same problem so deleted HKCU keys and HP TRIM folder in Program Files. 

However, reinstalling 7.1 still says I have a newer version.

Any suggestions for what elseI  should delete?

Thanks

Pete

Honored Contributor

I basically deleted the

HKLM\Software|Hewlett Packard\HP Trim

any HKLM\Software\Windows\Current Version\Uninstall keys that referred to "TRIM "

any HKCR key that had  "TRIM" or "TSJ" and looked like it was to do with Trim

A bit brutal and probably way over the top but it worked, and as there wasn't much else on the machine the risk of collateral damage was low.

Frequent Advisor

Re: Installing 7.2 x86

Took me half a day to work it out :(

but it appears the critical key is [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\15E39D7216575454C9568DCBD53833D5]

No guarantee though as I had deleted heaps of others without success before finding that one.

Regards

Pete

HPE Expert

Sounds like the issue where if you don't install the IDOL services in the first place, the uninstall fails with that error. QCCR2D43708

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
HPE Expert

Same with 7.2 x64, by the way.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event