Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updating location info with DataPort - unique ID? RM 8.1.1.7760

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Occasional Contributor

Updating location info with DataPort - unique ID? RM 8.1.1.7760

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. I'm trying to update location details (job title, email address, MemberOf etc) with DataPort. No trouble importing new locations, but when I try updating existing locations I can't make "update on duplicate" work. Logs give me the following seemingly conflicting errors:

31/03/2016 9:44:33 AM 4 Warning Update on duplicate was enabled but no unique identifier was mapped. Setting update on duplicate to false.
31/03/2016 9:44:33 AM Loading Location - ID: 1
31/03/2016 9:44:33 AM Item Processed.  Id: 1 Uri: 0
31/03/2016 9:44:33 AM 4 Error Id: 1 Uri: 0 Details: Setting properties on Location failed.  bulk data loader error details: 'ID Number' must be unique. Please enter a different ID Number.

The ID Number field is the employee's staff number in the format sNNNNNN.

Thank you for your time.

2 REPLIES
Frequent Advisor

Re: Updating location info with DataPort - unique ID? RM 8.1.1.7760

The "location match type" setting and mapped fields in DataPort determine what fields it uses for location matching and how it goes about getting a match. Have a look at the "Location Match Type Behaviors" topic in the DataPort help file. Theres a difference with how it goes about getting a match for ID Number vs Unique Name.

Our employee staff numbers are entered into both Unique Name and ID Number fields. I find the easiest way is to just use Unique Name for the match (target and source field), but obviously would require your employee numbers to also be in this field. 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Updating location info with DataPort - unique ID? RM 8.1.1.7760

Thank you, that exactly solves my problem. We'll be doing the same as you from now on - putting the staff ID in both Unique Name and ID Number.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event