Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Urgent - HP TRIM 7.3.3 5645 - Print merge Container Number?

Frequent Advisor

Urgent - HP TRIM 7.3.3 5645 - Print merge Container Number?

Hi, If we select a document number ,h ow can we extract the record field CONTAINER Number in new HP TRIM 7.3.3.5645 for that document?

It does not exist?

Thanks

8 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Urgent - HP TRIM 7.3.3 5645 - Print merge Container Number?

Find container, expand it, and take number.
Frequent Advisor

Nope, does not work ...I just checked

Frequent Advisor

I actually expanded all possible records field and it looks like that is not there... I tagged all expanded all etc...

Frequent Advisor

Based on the sudden silence, i can say that it is true ..? No Record Number of the container...or I am wrong?

Cheers

Honored Contributor

It's there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Based on your silence... I thought you might like a visual of the option.

It's nice you mark your posts as urgent but never close out your posts as solved... or even give kudos.  Lots of people on here answer your stuff and you don't seem very kind when you later ask again (urgently).   

Frequent Advisor

The silence can mean the time zone difference (e.g. I was asleep) and also that we are busy away from this forum.

And these days I am very busy.

In short, I have proof that yesterday's print merge done by 3 different people/machines did not produce the document's Container number as we exported all posible fields and we have 2-3 text files (130 KB txt file) to prove it.

Todays test ( not all field tagged, just 6-7) actually did show the record's container number.

The question is now, how is this possible...Basically, in the MS Excel file there no Column name "Container-,,," ...there was the expanded number etc.... Could this be related to SQL DAtabase hickup...glitch ? Or the fact that Datasets were switching from one to another because some server upgrades etc.? ( Please note that we just had the upgrade to HP TRIM 7.3.3.

Anyway, all good now, I marked this one as urgent as we in the office were discussing this and I wanted a quick answer.

I am greatefull that many people answer my post and it is true that I did not gave many KUDOS ... for different reasons.... busy, the post was not really solved, or i forgot...  etc...

I will try better in the future.

Anyway, people should not be obligated to answer my "urgent" posts but I thought that we are all in the same game, enjoying these TRIM challenges ...At least I am :-) ....

So for this post to be marked as solved, :-) we need a reasonable explanation why the number was not shown yesterday?

Regards

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes I get the silence.  I was mocking your previous comment (because I also had been asleep).  And I didn't expect you to mark it as solved, as it wasn't solved and you don't do that anyways.

Since you have a file to prove that it doesn't work, maybe you should attach the headers so that someone can help you.

I'm gonna bow out of this thread, and all of your others, because it is like pulling teeth and not worth the headache.