Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Users who have not accessed HP TRIM

Advisor

Users who have not accessed HP TRIM

Is there a way to find out the users who have not accessed HP TRIM in the last 6 - 12 months ?

8 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Users who have not accessed HP TRIM

Not really.
Valued Contributor

If you can be done programatically.

A few years ago I wrote a program (in VB6) that processed the offline audit logs. It looked for all the login events and provided a list that showed all users that logged in (and how many times) over a user-defined time period. It would be fairly simple to then query TRIM for a list of all active users and to come up with a list of users that haven't logged in. Could take a while to run, depending on the time period, as all the source information is in a series of text files but it did the job.

Another user that I know of has a scheduled task that runs each day to upload the previous days audit log to a SQL database. They could then use SQL tools to query the data and produce various reports to give them various pieces of statistical information.

Mike.

Honored Contributor

Yeah you can hack it together... but it's not there out of the box.
HPE Expert

Nothing that simple unfortunately, the only place that TRIM records the logins is the audit logs.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**

Similar to a previous response, but this may be more suited to setting up ongoing reporting, rather than a one-of historical report...

If you configure TRIM to retain a few days of data in TSEVENTDAT table, and configure TRIM to log Logon events in the Audit Logs, it is possible to, for example, configure a SQL job to run every night to extract logon events from the TSEVENTDAT table and write them to a table in a 'Report' database.

This 'Report' database can be maintained to hold the required data (6 or 12 months), and can be queried based on the current active TRIM users.

Note, if you implement this today, you will obviously have to build up the data over the next 6 or 12 months before the reports become accurate.

Also note, if users have Office integration enabled, a TRIM logon event could correspond to, for example, a user opening Outlook (ie they may not have accessed TRIM at all).

Hope this is of use...

Carl

HPE Expert

Carl's suggestion would work in TRIM 6, but not from TRIM 7 onwards. In TRIM 7+ you can't configure TRIM to retain processed events in the TSEVENTDAT table; they're deleted as soon as they're processed.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/

Thanks Neil.  Time for a custom event processor, I think...

Honored Contributor

I use an excel report that lists out the users and how many items they've created, modified, and viewed.  If all three are zero then I assume they aren't using the system.  So maybe that's an option for you?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event