Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

VPN and Trim

Frequent Advisor

VPN and Trim

Hi

Can anyone point me in the direction of documentation or advise on using TRIM via a VPN connection?

Cheers in advance

Damian

4 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: VPN and Trim

Hi Damian,

There's no documentation specific to what you're asking. If you're connected to your corporate network across a VPN it's effectively like being plugged in via a cable in the office. E.g. if you take your networked laptop home and connect to the office via a VPN, then you can run TRIM as if you were on the LAN. Depending on the VPN speed/bandwidth, the performance might be a bit slow, otherwise it should just work.

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Frequent Advisor

Hi Neil

Thanks for the reply.  What you described is the way I assumed it worked; but I've had a few customers complain about TRIM not working for them over VPN.  I wanted to rule out any application limitations before I start investigating further.

Cheers

Damian

Honored Contributor

Hi Damian

Is it possible your users connection via the VPN is suspect ?  (e.g. not a solid broadband connection).

Frequent Advisor

Yeah, quite possible Guru.  

They're connecting from home & therefore I've got no idea what sort of setup they're working on.  I VPN'd in from a laptop using a nextG modem & TRIM worked perfectly.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event