Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Venue location

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Frequent Advisor

Venue location

[ Edited ]

Hi, Just a quick question. What is the purpose of the Venue location? I've looked at the Help and all my other documentation (which is very, very old and doesn't actually contain the location type "venue"), and all the other locations have some sort of explanation about what they are used for, but not Venues. All it says it that they can be members of most location types but can't have members. We are wondering if we can use this type of location to represent a physical location rather than using an organizational location for that purpose, because some staff are adding members to our physical locations and we don't want that. But when I create a venue and attempt to add it as the home location in a record, venues don't come into the kwikselect as options for choosing. Not sure why they are there if they can't really act as venues.

I have attached what I see when I try to change the home location to a venue. When I go to the filters, venue isn't even available (just like Unknown), it is greyed out. Is it just something that  we need to ask our technical team to look at?

Thanks!

Joanna Thompson
Senior Records Management Application Analyst
Government Records Service, Corporate Information and Records Management Operations
Ministry of Finance, Government of British Columbia
2 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Venue location

Joanna,

The venue location type is used by the Meeting Manager module.  If you haven't purchased it then it's not useful for you.  It will be grayed out in areas where it's not applicable (basically anywhere outside of that module).  Venues are used to indicate the location of the meeting.  It's documented in the training manuals for that module.

It's worth noting that Meeting Manager has been discontinued as of 7.1.

Cheers,

Erik

Frequent Advisor

Re: Venue location

Thanks, Erik, good to know!

Joanna Thompson
Senior Records Management Application Analyst
Government Records Service, Corporate Information and Records Management Operations
Ministry of Finance, Government of British Columbia