Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What is an "Origin"?

Occasional Contributor

What is an "Origin"?

I am doing some testing of TRIM 7.1 (v7, build 1.0.1132) and have come across what looks like a new feature called "Origins". On inspection, it seems to be a mixture of TRIM Queues and TRIM port - allowing a user to queue up records from a text file or folder.

However it doesn't work. I can find no way to actually "run" the origin I've created.

The help is no help - clicking "help" generates an error.  It isn't mentioned in the relase notes. It is mentioned in the SDK release notes, but that isn't terribly helpful

Does anyone have more information on what an origin is supposed to do?

TRIM 7.1 (1150), Windows 7
5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: What is an "Origin"?

This is for the new Bulk Loader import tool.

Snippet from the help file.

Origins

You can use Origins for recording parameters and providing an audit trail of record imports using the HP TRIM Bulk Loader software, which is currently part of the HP TRIM software developer's kit (SDK).

For more information, please refer to the SDK developer’s guide for bulk loading.

Information on the SDK is available through the HP Software Support Online (SSO) portal http://support.openview.hp.com/.

Click Use self-solve knowledge search and search for TRIM SDK.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Regular Advisor

Grundy,

What does the Bulk Loader software do?

Can you please point out where I can find more information about this piece of software?

Honored Contributor

As I explained in the other thread you posted, the bulk loader is self-explanitory.

It loads data in bulk into TRIM.

It is a back-end tool which bulk loads directly into the database, so it's much faster than the TRIMPort tool.

However it is intended for large scale imports of many millions of records.

If you have a smaller import to complete, I suggest using the TRIMPort tool.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Regular Advisor

Thanks, Grundy!

How can I acquire/install this piece of software?

Honored Contributor

I believe it is part of the SDK, so you can call on the bulk-loader functionality in code.

It has been a while since I've seen the internal demos of it (years ago), so I'm not sure if we provided an interface for it.

Just checked with the SDK team, we don't have a public interface for it.

There's a doco on the online knowledge base (SSO) about the bulk loader.

And yes, it's accessible via the SDK. :)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au