Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows 10 MS Office 2013 and HP RM8.1.1.7760 Integration

Valued Contributor

Windows 10 MS Office 2013 and HP RM8.1.1.7760 Integration

Hi, 

Anyone have the MS Office 2013 integration working OK in Windows 10 and HP RM8.1.1.7760 (SQL Server  2012) ?

(On Surface tablet)

MS outlook integration works OK, but MS Word integration not. The addin is there, ticked(checked) in the MS Word Options and in Desktop Addins menu but it is not forcing a user to save the MS WOrd docx document straight to Offline Records.... 

There are 3 options where the MS Word document could be saved as I can remember:

My Computer, 

ONEDRIVE 

can't remember the third one ....

However, that's on the left side of the dialog window, and on the right side there is a folder called Offline Records that points towards the network folder where my docs (and Offline Records folder) are stored...

So, is this how it was supposed to work or the user should be given a choice of saving document either offline or online as it is the case now in Win 7 and MS Office 2010..

So, once again, this is hapening in Windows 10 and MS Office 2013. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Windows 10 MS Office 2013 and HP RM8.1.1.7760 Integration

Office 2013 lost the ability to save directly to TRIM/RM using the normal Word save/save as buttons.

You need to open the HP Records Manager toolbar and use the Save button on there.

This has always been the case with Office 2013.

A semi-fix is to customise the quick access toolbar and add the TRIM/RM save button and remove the Word save button.

Then tell users to use that button only.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
Valued Contributor

Re: Windows 10 MS Office 2013 and HP RM8.1.1.7760 Integration

Thanks for this info, 

I will check this later when I got the access towards the PC tablet

cheers

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event