Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Workflow basics: Need resources

Occasional Visitor

Workflow basics: Need resources

I've been tasked with implementing workflows and have been looking for resources to help. I plan to attend the training course in November, but need to produce something before then. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as helpful reference materials? I've looked everywhere and can't find anything.

6 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: Workflow basics: Need resources

The TRIM online help (Chatpter 14 in TRIM 7) has some fairly comprehensive information on TRIM workflow. The standard TRIM demonstration database has a couple of sample workflow templates. You may also be able to get hold of more samples by contacting your local TRIM account manager. Also HP's TRIM business partners would have experience in implementing TRIM workflow so you may wish to engage their help (though the fact that you're booked into training suggests that wasn't your intention).

What version of TRIM are you using? I may be able to find some sample workflow templates and post them here.

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/
Occasional Visitor

Neil,

Thank you for the response. I apologize in advance if my reply is dense.

By local TRIM account manager, do you mean the employee at my organization who is responsible for TRIM? Also, can you please expand upon what you mean by HP TRIM business partner?

I'm using TRIM 6 and I'd really appreciate any guidance you can give.

HPE Expert

You're welcome.

Your local HP TRIM account manager would be the person at HP you would call to buy TRIM licenses, arrange for TRIM product demos, etc. Also there are a number of organisations in various regions worldwide who can provide services such as TRIM implementations, consultancy or training to TRIM customers. These are referred to as HP TRIM business partners. Normally your HP TRIM account manager would put you in  touch with a local one or provide you with a list on request. If you don't know who your HP TRIM account manager is, you could try one of these numbers from the HP TRIM website:

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/w1/en/software/information-management-trim.html

» Have a sales expert contact me
   US (877) 686-9637
   EMEA +0870 0130790
   AU 1-800-176-974

I've atttached a few sample workflow templates for you to have a play with. They're not officially endorsed HP ones as such...just some that we've used for testing or demos in Oz.

Have fun!

Neil

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Expert

To load those sample templates:

1. Tools - Workflow Templates
  2. Right-click - New Template
  3. Click OK
  4. File - Import. Click yes to "overwrite" warning
  5. Select template to import.
  6. Save

Neil

Neil

Occasional Visitor

Thanks again.

Looks like I don't have the ability to import. When I right click to create a new workflow template, I get a dialogue (please see attached). Could be because the folks at HQ lock down what we can and cannot do.

Honored Contributor

You just need to fill in some bogus information (basically you have to execute step 3 of Neils howto, although you seem to have a wizard which seems new for TRIM 7).

Once you're in the workflow editor you should be able to import.

However the import will never link documents of the acrivities so you will always have to link them afterwards.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event