Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Workflow late notice for administrator

Frequent Advisor

Workflow late notice for administrator

I have been testing workflow late notices and while it sends an overdue notice to the assignee, it does not send on to the administrator.  Build 7.1.1150.  Any ideas why this process is not working as workflow email help states it should?

7 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Workflow late notice for administrator

Did you check that the administrator has a valid email address in TRIM?   Do you see it queue up in the mail notifications section of the event server?

Frequent Advisor

Yes both accounts have valid email,.  There is no hang on the event server.  I noticed that if the assignee has no email address then the super will receive notice, but if both have email addresses then only the first guy (assignee) gets overdue notice, but super doesn't.

Honored Contributor

Why would the supervisor?  It should only go to the supervisor if there is no assignee.

Frequent Advisor

My understanding is that the supervisor also gets notifications, this is to track the process incase the assignee is late or out it had not been reassigned. 

Honored Contributor

Use escalations for those scenarios.
Frequent Advisor

That isn't the solution.  The idea is to notify the activity supervisor that activity is overdue whether the assignee is present or not.  Not to have to escalate the activity.   

Honored Contributor

Have you double-checked that the activity itself has a supervisor... not just the workflow definition?