Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Workgroup Server Error

Frequent Advisor

Workgroup Server Error

When a user goes to tries to rename a document in TRIM they are receiving the following error.

Function request (Retrieve dataset rows (GetRecordset64)) for TRIM Work Group Server failed.  The SQL query failed.  Errors were The Query processor ran out of internal resources and could not produce a query plan.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Workgroup Server Error

This error indicates that the SQL server ran out of resources when trying to process the statement.

You should check the Windows Application Event logs for more information about what caused the problem.

Maybe they have duplicate title checking turned on for that record type and they are typing some gigantic title on the record?  (TRIM then does the equivelant of a huge word search and the database will be struggling)

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

Kapish.com.au
Honored Contributor

"Rename a document" ?  Do you mean changing the title of the metadata record or ???

Trusted Contributor

If you google this error you will find that this is a MSSQL 2005 and 2008 problem.  TRIM queries become too long due to nested queries and a heavy use of the IN clause.

If you are able to add additional cpu cores and/or ram to your database server then this will help as the problem seems to have a higher exposure based upon user load.  Also try to use the latest service packs for your database server (MSSQL 2005 sp 2 or later, MSSQL 2008 sp1).

If your TRIM users experience this problem (and can't get out of it), see if they can shorten the Record Title by as little as 6 or 7 characters.

Hope this helps... It may not :smileysad:

Chris Mcklaren

Cheers,
Chris Mcklaren
HPE Expert

I have come across this recently as well. I was told that it could be the 'Behaviour for Duplicate Titles'.  If set to ignore, this may disappear.  But as stated in the previous post, is does have to do with the length of the title.  Another valid thing to consider is the naming convention and how they can grow to become so long.  Ultimately, is there value in having a huge title?  Information that is currently provided in the title could be captured with other metadata.

HPE Expert

Yeah, in TRIM 6 the duplicate title checking can place a big load on the database. The longer the title and the more words, the bigger and more complex the SQL statement. In my experience, often the business users are happy to do without it once they're alerted to the fact that it can "slow TRIM down" or cause errors. I've seen many a TRIM administrator look at the option in record type setup and turn it on because it "sounds like a good idea".

The pleasing thing I discovered recently is HP have significantly improved the duplicate title checking process in TRIM 7 and it's much less problematic. :smileyhappy:

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and (unless explicitly stated) do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM you're using in all posts. At any given time, HPE are supporting approx. 30+ released versions)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/