Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

dataport export and date formats

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Frequent Advisor

dataport export and date formats

I exported some test documents out using dataport export.  When I open the export file either in notepad or excel the date fields are a long number in notepad and displayed at 2.00701E+13 in excel.

How do I get to see the real date in a date and time format?

Thanks

Pat Crowley

If I do a send print merge the dates come out formated as I want. 

2 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: dataport export and date formats

The date and time on an export is expressed in year month day and time - YYYYMMDDTTTTTTT 

this is format that the DB tables need to be able to express the times correctly when saved with GMT in mind. As far as I know that is the format that it has to be.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
HPE Expert

Re: dataport export and date formats

Just found some additonal info that should help you out:

YYYYMMDDhhmmssE
Where:
YYYY = the year
MM = the month
DD = the day
hh = the hour
mm = the minute
ss = the second
E = The last character, appended to the date string, is either 1, 0 or M.
• If the last digit is a '1', then the time is valid.
• If the last digit is a '0', then the time was not entered, but was set to midnight local
time before being converted to GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for database
storage. This will ensure accurate search results when searching by date range, and
records contain a date but not a time.
• If the last digit is an 'M', then the time was not specified, but was set to midday
local time before being converted to GMT for DB storage. This will ensure accurate
search results after searching by date range, when records contain a date but not
a time

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**