Client Support
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

oitnsf.id and odd behaviour viewing mail rendition

Frequent Advisor

oitnsf.id and odd behaviour viewing mail rendition

TRIM 7.1.2 / Lotus Notes 8.5.3

I'm getting some very odd and erroneous behaviour with Lotus Notes after viewing a native mail rendition from TRIM to Lotus. Im a bit confused and not sure why or where it is coming from. We've been able to determine and consistently replicate the following:

• On an email record (VMBX), the user navigates to record Properties > Renditions tab > Right click Native Mail Rendition (in NTF format) > View. The rendition sucessfully opens in Lotus. However, once this action is undertaken in TRIM, the next time Lotus is closed and reopened a 'certificates' error is encountered, see attached (this error could be days/weeks later if the user does not shutdown or log off to close Lotus)
  • From the right click menu on the mail rendition, choosing extract and selecting the option to Launch Associated Application does not cause the error.
  • Lotus now cannot open as the 'notes.ini' configuration/settings file has been modified when the rendition is viewed. There are a few hundread values in the file, but only 2 of them seem to be modified that are the causing the certificates error, in particular, the change in '.id' alone is causing the error.
    Before viewing rendition
    KeyFileName=T57195.id
    KeyFileName_Owner=CN=Joel Smith/O=
    After viewing rendition
    KeyFileName=C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\oitnsf.id
    KeyFileName_Owner=CN=Oracle Outside In User/O=Oracle Outside In User
  • Manually changing the 'KeyFileName=' value back to the original value resolves the problem (until the next time i view a mail rendition).
  • I've captured the processes and events that are modifying the notes.ini file (attached) and it seems to be both TRIM and Lotus, but even this is not clear what process is making these changes.

Does TRIM make changes to the notes.ini file?

What is oitnsf.id in the TRIM program files?

12 REPLIES
HPE Expert

Re: oitnsf.id and odd behaviour viewing mail rendition

Hi Joel,

I had a quick look through our database and couldn't find anything relating to this issue.

This one is a little tricky, I'm not too experienced with Lotus. I'll run this past one of our guys that is handy with Lotus and get back to you.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
HPE Expert

Update:

We are going to test and replicate here, I'll kepp you posted. Might take a couple of days

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise**
Frequent Advisor

Hi Greg,
Do you have an update on this? Im thinking i should log a formal service request....?
HPE Expert

Sorry for the delays, we had a few issues getting this one setup. Should have some results for you tomorrow.

HPE Expert

Hi Joel, thanks for your patients on this one. 

So we were unable to replicate the error with TRIM 7.1.2 and Lotus Notes 8.5.3

Some other things to check:

- Ensure that the Notes certificate has not expired

- Are you using a roaming profile? It might be possible that your notes.id might be overwritten if the user profile is too large to copy to the server when logging off.

HPE Expert

Just to confirm what build of 7.12 were you testing against?

Frequent Advisor

HPE Expert

That's the one we tested against and couldn't get the same error.

Did you get a chance to try those suggestions?

Frequent Advisor

Sorry for the delay in response!

To answer your questions Greg:

1. User ID has not expired. The reason the user is seeing the certificate is expired error, is because Notes is trying to load with the TRIM oitnsf.id file, not its normal user .id file in Notes data folder.
2. We are not using Notes roaming. We rely on Windows profile roaming. 

HPE Expert

Sorry I'm out of ideas, you can log a support case through for further investigation.

fme
Occasional Visitor

Hi Joel,

I'd be very interested if you found a resolution to this issue.

I'm encountering a similar issue but with different product.

I'm using IBM eDiscovery Manager on a IBM Filenet P8 system, exporting search results to Domino and find sometimes the notes.ini gets overwritten with the following lines somehow getting changed :

KeyFileName=D:\IBM\Content Search Services\CSSServer\stellent.windows64\oitnsf.id
KeyFileName_Owner=CN=Oracle Outside In User/O=oracle

Thanks.

Frequent Advisor

We were able to sucessfully resolve the issue for our particular case. The issue was formally logged with HP, service request 4648473067.

After 2 months of back and forth, (cutting a long story short) we determined the cause of the mail rendition issue to be oitnsf.if simply residing in the TRIM program files path when it should not have been there. Removing oitnsf.id from the TRIM program files resolved the issue for us. I have alot more detail on our case if needed.