Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

user permission query rm 8.3

Occasional Advisor

user permission query rm 8.3

I would like a query or search in rm 8. 3 that would find which users have a particular user permission on their profile.

Eg the 'Append to existing notes' permission .  

Does anyone know which table in the trim db would contain the profile/permssion data ?

Thanks in advance . 

4 REPLIES
Respected Contributor

Re: user permission query rm 8.3

Dean, it would be simpler to see the each permission at the Permission group level e.g Records Manager, Knowledge Worker etc and find users with such Permission group. User permissions are onheroted from these permission groups. In TRIM and RM 8.01 you could create custom groups etc but from RM8.2 these are more of configuration (due to license structure change based on Permission group based license. I personally dislike that model but hey who am I to tell HPE how painful, frustating amd confusing it is to calculate user types).

For these permission group there is a table TS Usage and these permission groups are 1 as Enquiry User , 2 End User and so on. Once I login to the system this morning will email you the exact query.

Cheers,
Harry
Respected Contributor

Here you , hope this help. This script will show you the Permission type give to each user. (All Locations based on assigned profile)

-- User Permission Types
SELECT
       LOCLOG.llLogsInAs as LoginID
   ,LOCPER.lpSurname as SurName
      ,LOCPER.lpGivenName as GivenName
   CASE
     WHEN LOCUSE.luUserType =  0 THEN 'TRIM Administrator'
     WHEN LOCUSE.luUserType =  1 THEN 'Record Officer'
     WHEN LOCUSE.luUserType =  2 THEN 'Super User'
     WHEN LOCUSE.luUserType =  3 THEN 'Knowledge Worker'
  WHEN LOCUSE.luUserType =  4 THEN 'Contributor'
     ELSE 'Enquire User'
  END as UserPermission
        FROM TSLOCLOGIN as LOCLOG , TSLOCPERSO as LOCPER  , TSLOCUSAGE as LOCUSE
  where LOCPER.lpLocUri = LOCLOG.llLocUri
  and LOCLOG.llLocUri = LOCUSE.luLocUri

Cheers,
Harry
Honored Contributor

harry's advice is great, but for the example you give (append to notes) that permission no longer exists.

(I think it was in Trim Context version 6, but was superceeded in HP Trim v7, and is certainly not in CM 9)

The ability to append notes depends either 

1, the record type setting "Allow users without "Modify Records" permissions to append to notes"

2, or if that not set but the user holds the "Record Admin" permission they can still append to notes.

Honored Contributor

Harry-Koppanyi wrote:

.... I personally dislike that model but hey who am I to tell HPE how painful, frustating amd confusing it is to calculate user .

I agree its it difficult to work out exactly who holds what permissions with the change, as each category has some permissions you can remove but the user is still in that category. I work it out exactly with an SDK script that checks the location objects with the HasPermission(UserPermission.xxxxxxx). I set a search sting of Active user of type person that have a network login to filter it down before checking their permissions)