Communications and Wireless
1753481 Members
4765 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Bluetooth adapter won't connect to any wireless devices

gk3xlt

Bluetooth adapter won't connect to any wireless devices

My Bluetooth adapter can't find or connect to any devices. I thought it was broken so I bought a new one (IOGEAR GBU421), and it didn't work, so I bought another one just to make sure that the issue wasn't just with the manufacturing of the first one, and it doesn't work either.

I have downloaded the drivers from both of the disk's that came with the dongles, and I also downloaded the driver from [iogear.com]'s web site and also tried downloading the driver from [broadcom.com]'s web site (Un-Installing any old driver before each download). I waited to plug the dongle in until the installation wizard notified me that "no device was found", all driver files seem to be available and the blue light on the dongle is on, and permission is granted under [Bluetooth Radio Properties/Options/Share/PIM Interface] (Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer/Allow Bluetooth devices to connect with this computer). There is also recognition under [COM Ports] (COM11/Incoming). I have also checked under [Services] to make sure that [Bluetooth Services/Support] are both [Started/and set to Automatic].
Here's what happens when I try to connect from my PC to a wireless device: Click on bluetooth icon in task tray (or through control panel)/Click on Bluetooth devises/Click on add wireless device/(Pair with a wireless device) Wizard opens showing 0 items and "blank" search screen~ after about 15 seconds a notification pops up below the search screen: "What should I do if Windows hasn't discovered my device."

Here's what happens when I try to connect from my Samsung SGH-T959 (smart phone): Under [bluetooth settings]/Under bluetooth devices/Click on connect to Home PC/Password wizard pops up~enter password/banner pops up on Home PC screen: "A wireless device would like to connect with this computer-click on this banner to accept"~click on it/after about 20 seconds a notification pops up on my phone screen: "pairing with Home PC rejected"~ or "Home PC could not be found".

I have tried to search Microsoft support to find out what "path" the bluetooth connects through and what the settings should be, but all I can find or get from others, is they keep telling me to do the same things over and over: Un-install/Re-install drivers

Please Help!