Communications and Wireless
1753893 Members
7563 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

I've just downloaded 2 versions of knoppix and needs what to do next.

Nicks Gat
Occasional Advisor

I've just downloaded 2 versions of knoppix and needs what to do next.

Hi,

How are you doing all of you here? I'm new here in this IT Resource Center town forum department, he,he,he lol. I'm glad to meet you all here. I'm here bcoz I have the save problem about this 104-Unsupported Wireless Device Detected. I have experienced about this flashing bios while hot swapping other BIOS chips and press enter to update them.

But I need help about this procedure step by step until it's done successfully recognize my 108Mbps Atheros Wireless mini PCI card XT-extended range to my NC4000 laptop. Ok, I downloaded these 2 versions of Knoppix. One version is Knoppix_V3.8.2-2005-05-05-EN.iso and the other latest version is Knoppix_V5.1.1CD-2007-01-04-EN.iso which is probably more features and does the same thing. I'm wondering what to do next to that knoppix before I burn it to the CD disc. I don't have an extraction software for that iso like for example Winzip or Winrar. What is the name of that software extraction and where should I download that software extraction?

Please give me full procedure step by step.

I have this DEV/VEND ID and SUBSYS ID which is PCI\VEN_168&DEV_0013&SUBSYS_210214CD&REV-01\4&139E449D&0&18F0 for my 108Mbps Atheros Wireless Mini PCI card 802.11 A/B/G+ XT - extended range. Do I need to get more info about this card?

That wireless card is for HP Compaq NC4000 laptop. Suppose after this whole thing procedure that the laptop recognized my wireless card, should I use the latest updated BIOS flash that is in the HP site download BIOS for NC4000? I don't have the latest updated newest BIOS for NC4000.

Please let me know the full step by step procedure until it goes successfully recognized by my NC4000 and where is the latest updated BIOS to be downloaded so I can flash my laptop's BIOS.

Anyone there could help me or Mark Wrightson or others? I'll appreciate so much your time and helpful kindness. Just enjoy our day, our business, and the happiness of our life.