1753449 Members
6118 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Internet speed is very slow only onmy HP dc7600

Gerry Martinez
Occasional Advisor

Internet speed is very slow only onmy HP dc7600

I have an HP dc7600 that has extremely slow internet download speeds. I've updated the broadcom gigabit ethernet drivers to the latest version but it's still extremely slow (~1Mbps), I was about to call my cable company until I noticed that it is only on this machine. I have 3 other machines and they are all 15Mbps+ on the same connection. The main difference I can tell is that this machine is Vista Home Premium and the others are all XP Pro. I ran a benchmarking test and it came bakc with a relatively good 4.5 for whatever that's worth. I ran a tracert to yahoo.com it everything seems reasonable. Even my uplink is good, it's just the downlink for whatever reason is slow on this machine only.

I changed the ethernet cable and connected directly to the cable modem and the speed is unchanged.
2 REPLIES 2
Thisbejoe7
Advisor

I have the exact same problem, I even tried swapping hard drives between two identical machines and its exactly the same behavior. These are XP Pro machines on a 20MB FIOS connection, I am lucky to get slightly over 1MBps on these. Other machines are 19M. I've updated drivers, tried everything I can think of, its just slow. Could it be the onboard NIC? Maybe adding a network card would fix? I am definately annoyed by this.
Thisbejoe7
Advisor

Adding a network card does not fix the issue. I am going to try a different switch just to make sure, but I have other Pcs on this switch that don't have this issue, its only my DC7600 machines.