108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LEDs on MSC-3300/MSM-323

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tim Maxwell
Valued Contributor

LEDs on MSC-3300/MSM-323

I'm trying to do some trouble shooting on a MSC-3300. The power LED and the network LED remain lit all the time. If I hit the reset button they will flash off but then come back on. Does anyone know what kind of error this indicates?
Thanks
Tim
5 REPLIES 5
Fred!
Trusted Contributor
Solution

This is not good!

On an MSC-3200 or MSC-3300 it means your board hanged.

It is usually a hardware related issue. The board could not initialize properly (can be micro-controller related, CPU related, RAM related, etc). It is really a HW component failing that usually triggers this issue.

You should contact support and most likely get your board replaced!
Tim Maxwell
Valued Contributor

They don't warranty the Colubris stuff do they? I thought the life time warranty only applied to the HP units.
Fred!
Trusted Contributor

The datasheet of the product tells you that for certain:

http://www.procurve.com/products/pdfs/datasheets/HP_ProCurve_Mobility_Integrated_Services_Access_Point.pdf

It looks like you are having a lucky day and lifetime warranty is supported on these products! ;-)
Tim Maxwell
Valued Contributor

You wouldn't happen to have any documentation on the LEDs would you. I have a few other Colubris APs that I need to trouble shoot.

Thanks
Tim
Fred!
Trusted Contributor

Well, the LEDs are documented but only for what's related to their normal behavior in the product documentation.

However, abnormal behaviors like crashes like that are not documented. HP's L3 Support would surely know the patterns and can recognize the problems.

In general if you see your device not behaving and lighting up like a christmas tree, then it is time to call support.

I do know a couple of patterns, but i don't think i know all of them (i'm actually sure it don't!)