5420 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Configuring web portal for guest access on legacy WX4400

stevenb_1
Advisor

Configuring web portal for guest access on legacy WX4400

Hi All,

Could anyone provide some direction into setting up a WX for web portal authentication?

Currently I am operating one encrypted SSID on a network with a single VLAN (NOT the default VLAN as I don't use that). This works fine. We configure wireless clients with the WPA key and away they go.

What I would like to do is now configure another SSID (clear) that ANYONE can associate with and authenticate via the web portal.

I am using development kit to try this out, but so far I have a cloned WX4400 with production config running, and I have setup another VLAN on the WX to service the clear SSID, with a radio profile etc. I have setup a switch with my VLANS and I have configured the temporary DHCP server in MSS and successfully obtained an expected IP address from this port on the WX on the VLAN I have configured. I can also ping the host interface address for the vlan.

Do I have this concept correct - as the access point is now running 2 SSIDS and I want to keep traffic seperate, the access point needs to tag traffic from itself to the switch depending what SSID it is coming from? and do I need to configure the port on my edge switches that my AP's are connecting to as "untagged" or "tagged"? Presumably they need to be set to only allow "tagged" traffic now, as the AP's would effectively be doing the tagging?

No matter what I try I cannot even associate on the newly created clear SSID. It is "visible" but not associating, let alone even getting an IP address or redirecting me to the portal log on.

Am I missing something with this old dinosaur!?

Thanks ;)