Communications and Wireless
1753971 Members
8077 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 2710 not linking to wireless D-Link DI-624 Air Extreme Plus router

Anthony_134

HP 2710 not linking to wireless D-Link DI-624 Air Extreme Plus router

The 2710 does not locate the router. It does locate other routers in the area (linksys).

The DI-624 is up to 108Mbps 802.11 b g compatible. So is the 2710. Both wireless radios are on each device. The 2710 automatic connect does not connect. SSID broadcast is enabled. I tried adding the SSID manually in the 2710 and still does not work. Encryption is off and have rebooted each device as well. 5 foot distance to router, and my PC card does connect.

Is there 2710 firmware upgrading I need to do? I haven't hooked up via cat5 yet. I'll wait to do that if needing firmware upgrades.

Is there a compatibility issue the DI-624 Air Extreme Plus router?

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff Brown_15
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP 2710 not linking to wireless D-Link DI-624 Air Extreme Plus router

Have you tried manually adding the SSID to your configuration?

No updates needed for the Dlink?
Ernest Ford
Trusted Contributor

Try disabling the speed doubling feature on the D-Link - I understand this is proprietary and will only work with other D-Link devices
Jeff Brown_15
Frequent Advisor

Thats a good idea. But, the technology is auto-sensing and should not affect the connection of non-DLink devices.

I only say this because I had this model for awhile with a few firmware versions.

But, if it does work with it off you should check your firmware versions and drivers for the router and the card.