Communications and Wireless
1753774 Members
7071 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Infrared problem with the HPomnibook xt1500

Bernd Holties

Infrared problem with the HPomnibook xt1500

I can't solve my problem with the infrared, its not working. Windows detects it an gives no errors and its says it is installed correctly its the SMC Ircc. But when i use my mobile phone (ericsson t68i) i don't get a pop up in windows, as usually(also tried another cell phone). I also made a new infrared connection in the network connections menu. The bios version i have is the newest and the hardware is not given there. Also in e-dialogs the infrared is not detected there.

Please help me!
Icon and mouse will not make a non-literate person literate. Pointing at pictures can last only so long. Sooner or later you must stop pointing and selecting, and begin to think and type
2 REPLIES 2
petr jaeger
Honored Contributor

Re: Infrared problem with the HPomnibook xt1500

are you sure it isn't disabled in bios? They are by default and even then windows can detect it during the autodetection.

some notebooks have had shared ir port with com1 and only special HP driver allowed it to work.

petr
Bernd Holties

Re: Infrared problem with the HPomnibook xt1500

Thank you for your help, i take a look at the bios again but its doesn't stand in the bios, nothing of the hardware is shown in the bios and its the newest version of the bios. But the problem is that windows
does recognize the infrared and windows says dat its installed correctly. I called the HP helpdesk also but they don't know it either cause of the new product. They say i have to do the system recovery and then call back. But i have my laptop now 5 weeks and have installed a lot of stuff witch i don't want to lose and copying is no fun.

Somebody knows what the problem is?
Icon and mouse will not make a non-literate person literate. Pointing at pictures can last only so long. Sooner or later you must stop pointing and selecting, and begin to think and type