Communications and Wireless
1753318 Members
7257 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

TX1000 Wireless Problem

Phme

Re: TX1000 Wireless Problem

Just to add some weight to the thread: I have the same problem with a tx1115nr.
For a while, I could get back my wifi adapter by disabling/enabling the ethernet connection a few times, but now it seems totally out.
No luck so far with the support: that's EUR 400 for any repair...
Devon1288

I have had the same problem, My tx1000 was bought at the end of May 2007 as of October 2, 2008 the wireless no longer works. I have tried every option available or advice given out from this forum and other forums and have concluded that the only thing possible for me to do is replace the main board. But of course my laptop is no longer under warranty so I am going to try and push for the recall ASAP because this problem is very frustrating considering the laptop cost me $1300 USA. I do not have the money to pay for repairs because of the low salary I receive and bills including that I am paying for college. as many of you can see i NEED my laptop working or i WILL not be able to complete certain courses of my study without the internet connection working.

-Devon W.
Teun Boschloo

Wireless lan failure - now system will not boot. For the record: I own a tx1020ea since March 30, 2007. Three weeks back, wireless disappeared. I tried several options: software, driver and bios updates, hardware reset etc. Nothing worked, so I bought me a D-Lan Express/34 card as as replacement. Now HP Customer Support advised me to do a complete new install of Vista. That I tried, but then the system would not come up. Lights and fan are on, hard drive spins, then nothing. Just one out of ten times, the HP logo will appear and Vista starts up.

My notebook is about 1,5 years old, so the warranty period has ended. I hesistate to pay about half of the new price just to have it repaired. I understand that more people have comparable problems. Does HP recognize these as a production failure?
S.L. Glass

I too had the same problem. It started out that the Wifi card stopped working then I started having problems with the video card; now it will not boot up. I have contacted HP on several occasions, they just tell me my warranty is expired and to pay to have it repaired. I have to admit I am very upset that HP will not admit that this is a defective product and recall it. I really need a laptop but I am not sure if I should pay to have this repaired or just buy a new laptop. I have found several posts from people with the same issue. i wonder if someone from HP even reads these posts.
Harley Hui

I have also been experiencing the same problem. The tablet has been working without problems for the past 1.5 years but now I suddenly found out that the wireless adapter has disappeared and is not detected in device manager. My device manager only shows the ff network cards: Bluetooth and NVidia nForce network. When the HP Wireless Assistant shows up, it only shows that the Bluetooth is on. I have tried several workarounds suggested on forums here in HP dealing with similar problem but to no avail. By the way, I'm using tx1009au.
S.L. Glass

Adding to my earlier post my laptop is a TX 1115NR I purchased in May 2007.
Esteban Oyarzo

Any news from HP?

I'm experiencing the same problem with a tx1230la in Santiago, Chile... "HP online support" fails to find the problem. After reading your stories I doubt it will work ok after taking it to tech. service.

I believe I'm a week or so passed the 1 year guaranty.
Wayne Sallee
Super Advisor

And the problem is that when the motherboard is replaced, it too will be bad within a few months.

Wayne Sallee
Wayne@WayneSallee.com
DParis

I purchased my tx1000 a little under a year ago. About two monthes in the internet card started intermitently dropping out. Restarting the computer made the wireless card reconizable again. I didn't contact hp earlier because I assumed, like any computer literate person, that it was just an early windows/wifi driver issue that would be fixed in an update.

The problem slowly got worse. Now my wifi card goes invisible almost every thirty minutes of use. I have updated every driver. Wiped the hard drive and reinstalled windows.The problem continues. This is an obvious case of faulty hardware and I have yet to understand why with this many reports hp hasn't aknowledged the problem.
Kasuhico

I would like to register my claim also for this WiFi problem! I have a TX1210au and it started with a problem on remote control not working well for the WindowsMedia button, and now my WiFi card disappeared.
I contact HP, but as usual, no support.
After searching on web, I discovered that this problem is because of high temperature that the BGA chip works, and the bad design of HP to remove the heat on this PC. All AMD processors on TX1000 series will have this kind of issue and HP has just released a BIOS update to keep the fun running 60% of the time to give them more time until fails happen, avoiding warranty to them.

The only solution to this is to change the motherboard or a rework (known as reballing), this rework removes the BGA chip and weld it again in the MB, reestablishing the contacts.

Let's everybody know about this problem!!!