108807 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: dv6190eu

SOLVED
Go to solution
ian smith_1

dv6190eu

hi,
I have a dv6190eu lalptop, can anyone tell me what speed my wlan card is please, because all i can get is 54mbs, but according to broadcom site, its the BCM4311 which is capable of 125mbs.
thanx
ian
2 REPLIES 2
Rich S
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you have a G card installed (which most new PC's have) you will achieve a maximum of 54 mps.

Many wireless-LAN vendors expect that some form of MIMO will be the basis of work just starting in the IEEE 802.11n Task Group, which is creating a specification for WLANs having at least 100M bit/sec throughput. The 3rd Generation Partnership Project, a collaboration of telecom standards groups, also is evaluating MIMO techniques for use in cellular networks.

MIMO doubles the spectral efficiency compared with that of current WLANs. The maximum data rate for 802.11g and 802.11a networks is 54M bit/sec, though actual throughput is closer to 20M to 30M bit/sec. Current MIMO techniques can boost raw WLAN throughput to 108M bit/sec. However both the access point (router) and the PC must have MIMO capatible products in order to achieve these speeds.

your homepage:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3280054&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=enтМй=en&cc=us

Rich

say thanks with HP POINTS
Rich S
Honored Contributor

If you have a G card installed (which most new PC's have) you will achieve a maximum of 54 mps.

Many wireless-LAN vendors expect that some form of MIMO will be the basis of work just starting in the IEEE 802.11n Task Group, which is creating a specification for WLANs having at least 100M bit/sec throughput. The 3rd Generation Partnership Project, a collaboration of telecom standards groups, also is evaluating MIMO techniques for use in cellular networks.

MIMO doubles the spectral efficiency compared with that of current WLANs. The maximum data rate for 802.11g and 802.11a networks is 54M bit/sec, though actual throughput is closer to 20M to 30M bit/sec. Current MIMO techniques can boost raw WLAN throughput to 108M bit/sec.

However both the access point (router) and the PC must have MIMO capatible products in order to achieve these speeds.

your homepage:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3280054&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=enтМй=en&cc=us

Rich

say thanks with HP POINTS