Communications and Wireless
1751920 Members
4794 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

hp tx1000 wireless adapter works

cjlew

hp tx1000 wireless adapter works

I've had my laptop for over a year now and haven't had any wireless problems until the past week. I've read all the posts and it seems that this is a common problem for hp laptops. I have yet to read similar problem as mine. My problem is that my connection to the internet will randomly go to limited connectivity then just disconnect all together. When I diagnose it tells me there is an unknown problem and to connect to another network but for some reason all networks all of a sudden disappear. i try to refresh the list but nothing comes up. I can see the device in device manager and it says everything is working properly and that is what confuses me. The cure for me is to reboot the laptop which takes forever and I'm running vista and everything goes back to normal. I hate having to do this when im in the middle of things. I've went through tech support and they told me to install old drivers and flash bios. ive done the driver installs but get the same symptoms. I'm wary about the bios as I've done it twice since i've owned the computer and update my computer everytime there is an update. I am just wondering if this is the start of something worse to come? If so i will probably pick up a wireless usb adapter as many of the posts say hp sends new wireless cards only to have it fail in a couple months. The internet is pretty important for everything i do from school to communicating with work!
1 REPLY 1
emsm

Re: hp tx1000 wireless adapter works

Sorry to break the news, but the worst has yet to come. I had the same symptoms before my wireless stopped working (3 days after my warranty expired). I spent hours and days on the phone with tech support and did a complete reinstall. I was finally told that I could send my laptop to HP for $300, at which point I bought USB wireless adapter for $30 or 40. BTW, back up your computer becuase most likely your motherboard will crash and you'll just get a blank screen.