Communications and Wireless
1752567 Members
5417 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ze4145 and Linksys WPC54G

Jim Gaal

ze4145 and Linksys WPC54G

Anyone been able to get these to work together ?

Recently thought I would upgrade to 54G. Previously I had a working set-up with BEFW11S4 router/ WPC11 ver. 3 adapter.

Wanted to upgrade to take advantage of the increased bandwidth. Needless to say, have yet to even get the adapter installed on the notebook.

Have spent a few hours now with Linksys tech. support, and basically it came down to them telling me to update the pcmcia cardbus controller drivers.

The laptop has an O2Micro OZ6912 contoller. The driver assigned by WinXP home is a Micro$oft driver. It is dated 7/1/2001, and is version 5.1.2600.0

System currently has all WinXP recommended/critical/etc. updates installed. I howver am not aboe to find anywhere, either an updated MicroSoft driver, or one offered by HP or O2Micro. If one exists, could some kind soul PLEASE help me with this?

If there exists another work-around or solution, please share!

4 REPLIES 4
Gyanendra Pal Singh

I don't have a solution for your situation, however you are not the only one having this issue. My ze4325us has exactly the same O2Micro controller, same driver and the same problem. If I can make it work I will post a solution, meantime there is an updated driver for WPC54G at Linksys website:
Driver Date 5/26/2003
Release Date 6/24/2003
Last Driver Version: 3.20.21.0

Linksys comments that above driver resolves issues with some controllers.
pans_1
Occasional Advisor

I've the same with my ze4415EA + WPC54G.
pans_1
Occasional Advisor

found @ www.hp.com

HP and Compaq have teamed with wireless leader Linksys to
ensure that all their products work together. And every new
HP Pavilion notebook and Compaq Presario notebook come standard with Windows XP. Youâ ll find the home networking and Internet sharing setup tools incredibly intuitive and simple; you should be set up in a matter of minutes.

don't believe this
Jim Gaal

Well I was able to find a solution, although it was not using the linksys product.

I kept the router, but purchased a D-Link DWL-G650 adapter and was up in running in about 30 seconds. Not sure what the problem with the Linksys adapter was, but it was obviously the card.