8344 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 12500 G2 Fabric

Shohola
Occasional Visitor

12500 G2 Fabric

Hello,

I'm an existing 12518, part number JF430B with the JC072B Management Module purchased it about a year ago and I want to upgrade to the new G2 fabric and use the 16 port 10GE module.  What else do I need to upgrade to make sure these modules operate properly?

Regards,

Shohola

2 REPLIES 2
Richard Litchfield
Respected Contributor

You should speak to your HP Networking presales contact, and/or your reseller/partner. A 12500 switch is probably not in the sort of environment where you can afford to take a guess! There will be a number of caveats and combinations including things like other modules, firmware, fabric cards, memory, etc

Shohola
Occasional Visitor

Well you see that's the problem.  The HP rep has not returned my phone calls, we left a an email with the support team last week with zero replies, so we resorted to this forum on Friday, hoping for a possible answer.  I know there are caveats, like the new 16 port module will not work without the new G2 fabrics but we need to understand all of the caveats before we make a decision.  It's almost like this is a taboo question to ask or for anyone at HP to comment on.