Comware Based
1753866 Members
7665 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

3com 2928 SFP connection problem

rtiemens

3com 2928 SFP connection problem

I want to connect an existing 3com 2924 using a SFP module and fc cables to a new 3com 2928. When I connect both devices I can see the link-led go online. But unfortunately I don't seem to get any traffic across. I have also used a 3meter patching fc cable to exclude any cabling issues, but with no result. Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue? Kind regards.

5 REPLIES 5
rtiemens

Re: 3com 2928 SFP connection problem

I want to connect an existing 3com 2924 using a SFP module and fc cables to a new 3com 2928. When I connect both devices I can see the link-led go online. But unfortunately I don't seem to get any traffic across. I have also used a 3meter patching fc cable to exclude any cabling issues, but with no result. Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue? Kind regards.

chwet

I am having the same issue. I am trying to connect SFP connector from a 2928PWR switch to a 2924PWR switch with no luck. It works fine if you use a standard patch lead. Also the firbre link and SPF connectors are tested and work fine on another switch.

Please advise?

ATC

I have had the exact same problem, and raised a support request with 3com. Did either of you get the problem solved.

Cheers

chwet

Thanks for the update, I can confirm this has worked for me. Enabled port where SPF connector is going, changed speed to 1000 and changed to full duplex!

This needs to be done on both switches to work.

Thanks again.

This message was edited by chwet on 10-22-09 @ 5:25 AM
vincent_1

I have the same issue.

I have a 2928-SFP plus switch but cannot connect to 2816-SFP plus switch using SFP connection. I have followed others' suggestion that disable auto negoiation on both switches, i.e. both running 1000 Full duplex but still can't communicate.

When I test connecting this 2928-SFP plus switch to another model(3300 sm) using fiber connection, they can communicate successfully if I disable auto negoiation on 3300 sm switch.

Please advise..