5931 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

3com 4210 cluster snmp configuration

vijayakumartt20
Occasional Contributor

3com 4210 cluster snmp configuration

Hai,

We are having seven 3com 4210  switches configured in cluster. ie One master + 6 members.  SNMP functionality has been enabled on all the switches using cluster snmp-agent command as per the 3com document. The SNMP information in all the switches are like 3com@cm0, 3com@cm1 3com@cm2 etc... ( Example only) . My requiement is to plot the network traffic utlization of the entire switch cluster using single SNMP. I am using prtg/cacti/mrtg for this. The thing is that when ever i access the snmp information with 3com@cm0 i was able to get master switch traffic only. If i use 3com@cm1 or 3com@cm2 i will not be in a position to get any thing. If any body in the group know the how to monitor the switch cluster using single SNMP string please let me know.

Thanks and Regards.

Vijay

1 REPLY 1
mkurzydlo

Re: 3com 4210 cluster snmp configuration

Hello,

I've got the same problem as You. In my cluster I've got three switches 4210, and by communityname@cm0 I can get SNMP information only from manager switch. When I try to use communityname@cm1 or ...@cm2 - nothing happen.

I did upgrade all switches to latest version 03.01.12, but the problem still appears.

Did You solve this problem ? 

Best Regards,

Michal

Best Regards

Michal