1752638 Members
5764 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3com baseline 2250 switch plus

machabot

3com baseline 2250 switch plus

Hi,

we've bought a few 3CBLSF50 3com baseline 2250 switch plus last summer and had a few problems with them.  Firmware are up to date (1.0.1.15) and they are plugged in 3com 2848-SFP Plus and 3com 2948-SFP Plus (up to date too).  A few times, I had to reboot switches because they won't let new computers get an IP Address or communicate over our LAN.  Computers still using the switches didn't had any problems to communicate, only those who were booting that day or new computers that where connected on those switches hab.  Rebooting the switches will get those computers back on the network.  But rebooting is not really a good solution over time.  Can someone has something similar and had found a solution ?

Thanks

MArc

3 REPLIES 3
machabot

Oh, and I forget... if I plug a problematic computers in another 2250 switches, it works. But i plug back in the original switch, it will not work.  It seems to be related to a specific switch at a specific time.  Other technicians on my team said to me that if they used ports with computers that already communicate with the network and plugged the problematic one into it, it works too... But if we plugg in one of the avalaible ports, it won't.

Few, what a mess!!!

Marc

jcd_1

I have exactly the same problem with my switch.  I have been working with it for over a year and this problem is very consistent, but how come there is not a solution so far?  Sometimes I even have to reboot the switch because the web interface stops working (I cannot open it).  Please share your experiences.  Today I will contact 3com support and see if I can get an answer.

Thanks

rpr
Advisor

Same here.

@jcd_1: Have you ever got any answer from 3Com support?

-- rpr.