5226 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

4500G Stacking

Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

4500G Stacking

Hi there.

I am facing a problem with 4500G stacking, using CX4 Local Connection cables.

The stacks are already working, everything is fine, but when I try to use the uplinks distributed in the stack, an issue occurs. Example: I have 3 switches (one master and two slaves); one uplink is connected to the master and another is connected to the second slave switch. When I pull out the cable on the slave switch, the failover is transparent to the connected hosts; but when I pull out the cable on the master, the connection goes down and doesn't came up again, even after a couple minutes.

Do someone ever experienced this problem? I think that if the master is correctly stacked with the slave switch where the active uplink is connected, the stack would work normally, but not...

What could be the problem?

The switches are configured as the Config Guide explains, the stack members are ok, and the stack ports are optimized according my project needings. Default routes were implemented a different ways as a try to fix this issue, but still doesn't work.

I didn't found any kind of 3com official documentation concerning this solution, nor even in the knowledge base.

Thanks in advance.

Fred.

This message was edited by Fred_Mancen on 8-25-09 @ 9:24 AM
Regards,
Fred Mancen
2 REPLIES 2
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Re: 4500G Stacking

Hi all.

I think that my problem is solved. My local support has advised me to implement MSTP instead RSTP, and I think that it would work fine.

Tks.

Regards,
Fred Mancen
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Re: 4500G Stacking

Hi.

The switches didn't worked well using MSTP also. Actually, when first implemented the MSTP the switches were working well, but when one of the links was disconnected and then connected again, the convergence didn't occur as expected, and the switches were loosing connectivity. I've tried many different ways to setup the stack so it could work using links distributed in the units, but no success.

Finally, the stack just worked fine when using both links connected straight to the first unit (the stack master switch), and aggregated using LACP. The 4500G stack solution is a clustered-way stack, and does not have the same behavior as a XRN stack. Hope this helps other technicians with the same issue.

Regards.

Regards,
Fred Mancen