1752290 Members
4890 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 4510G tagged VLAN over Aggregated Link

JCS81

4510G tagged VLAN over Aggregated Link

Hi guys,

I've bought myself 2 brand new 4510G switches for replacement of my old 3870 devices. When configuring the aggregated link i was unable to add multiple (tagged) vlan's to the aggregated link (wich was possible with the 3870's). I tried all different kinds of port types and all the possible combinations, and read the manual several times but without success. Can anyone tell me how to send multiple vlans over an aggregated link?

Kind regards,

Joost

Why making things easy if you can make them more difficult
3 REPLIES 3
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

You need to configure the aggregated link as a trunk. In the 4510G the link-aggregation configuration use the interface bridge-aggregation concept.

interface bridge-aggregation 1

port link type trunk

port trunk permit vlan <allowed_vlan_id>

port trunk pvid vlan <pvid_of_the_trunk>

When you bind ports to the link-aggregation group (the interface bridge-aggregation), automatically all the settings you change in the bridge-aggregation interface will be reflected in the physical ports that belongs to the link-aggregation group.

HTH

Regards,
Fred Mancen
JCS81

It works, thanx!

This message was edited by JCS81 on 7-14-10 @ 3:54 AM
Why making things easy if you can make them more difficult
Gazlogic

I was reading your post and saw you were able to configure 3870's to use multiple (tagged) vlan's to the aggregated link. I configured the aggregated link, which looks good and assigned the vlan tags to use the link. The vlan's work fine locally on the first switch but will not commutate to the next switch.

Jon