Comware Based
1753486 Members
4244 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 5500-HI Stack (Comware 5) + Qlogic (Broadcom) "Smart Load Balancing" = ARP_DUPLICATE_I

jaysum
Occasional Contributor

5500-HI Stack (Comware 5) + Qlogic (Broadcom) "Smart Load Balancing" = ARP_DUPLICATE_IPADDR_DETECT

Has anyone gotten a 5500 switch (or any Comware 5 switch) to successfully work with Qlogic (Broadcom)'s "Smart Load Balancing" feature in Windows (specifically 2012 R2)? When we set it up, the switch constantly logs this:

%Jun 30 19:22:10:002 2015 SWITCHA ARP/5/ARP_DUPLICATE_IPADDR_DETECT: Detected an IP address conflict. The device with MAC address 44a8-42aa-bbcc connected to Bridge-Aggregation105 in VLAN 1 and the device with MAC address 44a8-42dd-eeff connected to Bridge-Aggregation105 in VLAN 1 are using the same IP address 10.1.2.3.

We've gotten the errors to go away when we use LACP, but some of our servers don't support that.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
manuel.bitzi
Trusted Contributor

Re: 5500-HI Stack (Comware 5) + Qlogic (Broadcom) "Smart Load Balancing" = ARP_DUPLICATE_I

Hi jaysum

I never used that. But when I use google I found that sentense:

"No switch configuration (such as trunk, link aggregation) is necessary for this type of team to work. "

http://web.mit.edu/cron/documentation/dell-server-admin/en/Broadcom/NetXtremeII/teaming.htm

Remove the Bridge-Aggregation and keep two independent links, then it works. But yes LACP is the better solution.

br

Manuel

H3CSE, MASE Network Infrastructure [2011], Switzerland