HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Comware Based
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5500G-EI Update questions

ed_1
Occasional Contributor

5500G-EI Update questions

I need to update our 5500G-El switches to the latest software version. The method in the release notes manual is simple enough, but I have a couple questions which are not answered in that.

1) Will my configuration be saved and automatically reapplied, or will I need to reload the configuration from the backup after the update?

2) If the configuration is not saved, what are the default passwords that I will need to get back into it?

3) When updating two that are paired, should I shut down both, completely update one, bring it up and then update the other, or can two continue to work, paired, with different versions of the software? I mean, does this require a complete outage of our service, or can I safely do one at a time without any downtime?

Thanks for any help!

-Ed

3 REPLIES
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Re: 5500G-EI Update questions

Don't worry; all the settings are preserved. You can update the switches one per time, define the boot boot-loader (main and backup) files, and even schedule a reboot to upgrade the software. I suppose you have a stack, so pay attention to maintain the file system in both switches exactly the same. That's it.

Regards.

ed_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the quick response.

I have another question.

In the latest firmware package, there are three files, .btm, .app, and .web. However, the update instructions in the Release Notes doc only mentions the .btm and .app. What do I do with the .web file?

-Ed

ed_1
Occasional Contributor

Ahh, I am guessing I just upload it with the other two. Just looked at the files on the switch, and the .webs are there.

Thanks anyway!